Noob question about VW Golf Mk6...

Participant count
  • Participant list

CrowKing

Is it possible to do a setup where the sound system is independent?

Probably a confusing or "dumb" idea but my golf has the cd player in the glove box. I thought it might be possible to install a new HU to replace the OEM cd player and use that to manipulate EQ, ect.

Or if that won't work, set up the sound system independent from the OEM parts but patch into the audio output of the OEM HU.

It's hard to explain but I feel like it's possible.

Further explanation of independent idea:

4ch for component speakers

Mono for 10-12" sub

HU in trunk or console cubby to control the audio

OEM HU output/power(on/off) patched into independent system...

If aftermarket HU mounted in trunk, remote volume control knob to dash.

I'm wondering if it's possible not if it's convenient.

In theory, this would be easier to uninstall when I get the Jeep Wrangler I want. I could leave the original wiring in and put the old speakers for the new owner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.