noob needs single sub setup thats simple and economical

So tuning means to adjust the settings on the amp to get the best sound for your box? Do you need a tuner or should I get an expert to help me with that or just go with what sound is best to my ears?

So tuning means to adjust the settings on the amp to get the best sound for your box? Do you need a tuner or should I get an expert to help me with that or just go with what sound is best to my ears?
You are not really changing the sound so its not really tuning, you are just adjusting the input voltage on the amp to match the head unit's. This process is called setting your gains.

If you have a proper amp that puts out proper power, you can use the DMM method to tune your amps (google it up). Buy yourself a digital multi meter only costs 15-20 bucks.

Most of the tuning is from your ported box size and tuning frequency.

I'd suggest with a 500 dollar budget, you get the soundqubed hds300 bundle CSCstang posted. get a 15 and you'll be banging them low lows. Because those subs have more motorforce and excursion then your initial subs. A lot more low end and output capability.

Wow thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking that my budget will be about $500. Hopefully I can get good deals on used equipment that will last awhile and hold their value. Just to be clear is excursion what makes the lows low and move a lot of air? How much does it cost for a custom ported box and does every audio store typically make them? Thanks greatly!
with that budget you should be able to put together a decent budget system

Put em back in your pants boys the op isnt gonna get Anywhere like that lol
lol i wasnt meaning for it become that way, he was trashing something the OP was interested and i was kind of defending it becasue he called it garbage

Wow I looked into it and the soundqubed looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks so much! I measured the space I'd like to work with in the back of the trunk it's about 38" wide, 14" tall and 28" deep (So a 15 is out but maybe 2 12s, although I'd prefer one big sub). Another option is to put a 15" over one side of the back seat (which is totally too small for a person to sit anyway) those dimensions are 19" wide, 22" deep, 31" high. Any advice greatly appreciated! Would it be best to stick with the amp that comes with the package?

Wow I looked into it and the soundqubed looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks so much! I measured the space I'd like to work with in the back of the trunk it's about 38" wide, 14" tall and 28" deep (So a 15 is out but maybe 2 12s, although I'd prefer one big sub). Another option is to put a 15" over one side of the back seat (which is totally too small for a person to sit anyway) those dimensions are 19" wide, 22" deep, 31" high. Any advice greatly appreciated! Would it be best to stick with the amp that comes with the package?
Yes get the amp too. You can always mount the sub up toward the trunk lid too, then you could go with the 15. Make sure you can get the box in the trunk opening.

Alright now I know what to get for my budget. Only other thing is the box which I'll build with the plans in the link below.

My only question is what does the 2.35@34hz mean?

I'm guessing the first number is cubic feet but not really sure about the second?

I assume u want to max the cubic feet in your box based on your space, but do u want a high or low hz?

What would be best for a soundqubed hds300 12 or 15?

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Ok so far, this is what I've got in mind:

I'd like to get a 15" soundqubed hds315 (as they're only $10 more than the 12"ers) but it was recommended that I have a 4.4-4.5 cubic feet box and that would be tough fitting in my little prelude.

Unless I can figure out and find plans for a way to fit a 15" in there facing up towards the trunk.

So I think I'll have to get the hds312 and build a custom box 2.0-2.5 cubic feet at 32hz (I like to feel the bass, listen to Trap and EDM mostly).

Do you want to maximize the cubic feet of a box or is it just to get the tuning (hz) you want. Because I would like to minimize the space I use and maximize the bass.

The only problem is they are all sold out of the soundqubed q1-1200 amp I need. I tried emailing them to see when it'd be available again but haven't heard back yet.

I can't find anything in the plans for a way to fit a 15" in there, let me know if you guys know of a way and also anything about getting a amp that would be good for my needs/pricerange

Ok so far, this is what I've got in mind:I'd like to get a 15" soundqubed hds315 (as they're only $10 more than the 12"ers) but it was recommended that I have a 4.4-4.5 cubic feet box and that would be tough fitting in my little prelude.

Unless I can figure out and find plans for a way to fit a 15" in there facing up towards the trunk.

So I think I'll have to get the hds312 and build a custom box 2.0-2.5 cubic feet at 32hz (I like to feel the bass, listen to Trap and EDM mostly).

Do you want to maximize the cubic feet of a box or is it just to get the tuning (hz) you want. Because I would like to minimize the space I use and maximize the bass.

The only problem is they are all sold out of the soundqubed q1-1200 amp I need. I tried emailing them to see when it'd be available again but haven't heard back yet.

I can't find anything in the plans for a way to fit a 15" in there, let me know if you guys know of a way and also anything about getting a amp that would be good for my needs/pricerange
Soundqubed subs like big boxes. Try to get it to the upper end of the box recommendations. You could even do 2 of the hds210s. Start a want to buy thread looking for an amp around 1000-1500 watts and you'll be good. Lots of good stuff in the classifieds on here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.