noob needs single sub setup thats simple and economical

Not you. Noloud4u
i know who you were refering to lol... DD and JL are both overpriced for what you get, especially DD. Ill just wait for SQ to release a new sub, they are older DD's anyway lol. jusy my .02

Have you ever taken the cap off? It's not just the width of the coil, that's only one aspect of it. And is yours the old one?
her is pre new gen (2006 sliver/grey what ever color its considered). I know thats one aspect, im just saying. Cap? as in dust cap?

i know who you were refering to lol... DD and JL are both overpriced for what you get, especially DD. Ill just wait for SQ to release a new sub, they are older DD's anyway lol. jusy my .02
You get what you pay for. If they are overpriced it's because you can't afford it. Nobody talks about Helix, Brax, linear power... They cost twice as much and JL can and does beat them in the lanes. So are they really overpriced? Looks to me they are the best value to performance there is.

her is pre new gen (2006 sliver/grey what ever color its considered). I know thats one aspect, im just saying. Cap? as in dust cap?
No. Hers is different. I'm taking about the plastic cap on the motor. Have you ever seen a Fosgate P2 with it's cap off?

Just get a single 18. It will be as loud as 2 12s. But really you haven't posted your max space for a box so no one can really suggest anything.

You get what you pay for. If they are overpriced it's because you can't afford it. Nobody talks about Helix, Brax, linear power... They cost twice as much and JL can and does beat them in the lanes. So are they really overpriced? Looks to me they are the best value to performance there is.
na i can afford it, just dont see the point. My wife just got a brand new Impala, i afford that just fine.

na i can afford it, just dont see the point. My wife just got a brand new Impala, i afford that just fine.
So you don't see my point? I was going to get the impala but the only one I would get was almost $50 grand. For $50gs I wouldn't be buying a Chevy.

Wow thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking that my budget will be about $500. Hopefully I can get good deals on used equipment that will last awhile and hold their value. Just to be clear is excursion what makes the lows low and move a lot of air? How much does it cost for a custom ported box and does every audio store typically make them? Thanks greatly!

Last edited by a moderator:
So stock electrical means no extra car battery right? Is 1000 watts max or rms the limit on that? I was thinking a custom box would be fiberglass but they're wood? If that's the deal I probably would get someone to cut it and screw it and cover it myself. I'll post dimensions on the trunk later when I'm home. I'm trying to keep it towards the back of the trunk where it's less wide so I can still have some space in the front. What about sound dampening, do u think that would be necessary?

So stock electrical means no extra car battery right? Is 1000 watts max or rms the limit on that? I was thinking a custom box would be fiberglass but they're wood? If that's the deal I probably would get someone to cut it and screw it and cover it myself. I'll post dimensions on the trunk later when I'm home. I'm trying to keep it towards the back of the trunk where it's less wide so I can still have some space in the front. What about sound dampening, do u think that would be necessary?
Custom boxes can be wood (mdf) or fiberglass. The point of one is to have it built for the exact sub you get to get the most out of it. You will need to upgrade your electrical meaning you have to add larger power wire to run from the battery to the amp. The general rule is 1000 watts per 70 amps of alternator power. If you go over that, then you need to look at an extra battery and/or a more powerful alternator. Check out the hds300 bundle at Soundqubed.com.

What about sound dampening, do u think that would be necessary?
Just get you some kind of foam n take of your rear license plate it put it around the back edges then put it back on. And if you back seat pops down just put some foam behind the plastic panels behind the seat and you should be fine. Thats where most rattle comes from and prolly the only rattle you'll have

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.