Noob component question(s)- speakers for my 05 Sierra

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoyta
10+ year member

Hopefully there isn't a topic on this already!

I have an 05 Sierra crew cab, and want to add components to the front doors.

First question - Is it better to go with 6.75" components, or 6.5" components with adapters? I like the selction of 6.5"s alot better! lol

Second question- The stock tweeter location is in the front pillars; I've heard that the tweeter should be mounted as close to the woofer as possible. Should I go with the stock location or drill a hole in the door to flush mount the tweeter?

Last question!- Whats the best 6.5" copmponent system under 100.00? I plan on powering them with a 4-channel amp, with the rear channels powering a sub or two.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.