NON rap songs with good LOW bass

Some good chest pounding and just overall baddazz music. Dream Theatre. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
x2...dream theater is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Not that low, but Bob Marley - Exodus is wayyyyyy ****ing loud in my car.

yesssss bob marley is good stuff, almost all of his music goes reallll low

heres a few from off the top of my head

Sublime-Ball and chain/5446

" -Doin' Time

" -April 26,1992

Incubus- Warning

Jack Johnson- Better together (not really to to low, but nice bassline IMO)

Ryan Adams - To be young

Nirvana - In bloom

" - you know you're right (intro is pretty **** low)

Rage Against the machine- Killing in the name of

Social Distortion-don't drag me down

ZZ top-Rough boy

Sarah McLachlan - I love you. I love playing that loud next to kids playing rap.

Avril Lavigne(sp) - Skater Boy. Don't laugh, that song has a random constant bass drop in it, it's hillarious.

massive attack

'angel' has the beat @ like 35hz, and it SLAMS hard

still trying to figure out how to use audition, tho, so i don't know for sure that it's @ 35hz, but it's REAL low

and some of the later beatles albums have good bass

Because plenty of other music genre's contain low frequency information, and rap ***** horribly....especially the mainstream crap you mentioned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyways...if you want low bass, look into classical music. A lot of songs contain information down to (and sometimes below) 20hz.
Rap doesn't **** u just need to listen to the real good **** like Rakim, Kool G Rap, Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS One, Nas, Brand Nubian, Wu-Tang Clan, A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, Scarface, Heiroglyrics, Del Tha Funkee Homosapiean, MC Lyte, Slick Rick,Redman and other true rhytmn and poetry...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Anyway what is some good classical music you would recommend because I'm loving the stuff I've heard from phillip glass and I want some more great stuff like that with pianos, bass drums, and stuff that the RL-Ps will really eat up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

any music recorded between 69-80 will have lots of subbass

it's only a popular trend to empasize high end, and 50-100hz 'beat' frequencies, a la pop music

any more most music's recorded to emphasize those freq's to make it sound good on crap car stereos, and portable mp3 players, etc.

not too many people give a crap about a quality system anymore, so the record companies don't give you nice flat recordings to work with, because they'd sound like poop if you didn't know how to make 'em sound the way you want

+1 on metallica's one, better have an accurate setup though as well as the dream theatre mention and the gorillaz. check out clint eastwood by the gorillaz, i guess you could consider it rap though

theres alo of hard rock bands that have sick bass in them. you just wouldnt know it from listening to the radio

dashboard confessional's new cd has a few songs with really nice bass. also, almost all the songs off of chevelle's "wonder what's next" have great bass and there are a couple that go pretty low.

Now I'm going to have to go check out all those songs you guys mentioned.

Tool

APC

The Faint

Fear Factory

No one

Taproot(the poem album?) slams like crazy in my truck. Nice bass on the whole CD

The eagles-hell freezes over album

The used

I can name tons more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.