Noloud4u this is for you

Participant count
  • Participant list
Haha but u always brag about how the DD Z wins sound comps. If it's the least important part why do U always comment on that aspec then? Oh because it's DD

Implying with enough EQ you can't get any pair of 15's flat at 120dB. Not taking anything away from Zv4 but Kicker Solo X won SQ world championships and that's far more a testament to his install and tuning skills than the equipment.

I'm not a sq guy but I think I know what sounds good. And what positioning of the speakers need to be to sound good. I sat in this car that has tons of awards including 2014 champ. It sounded great but I was expecting more. Bout to enter a sq comp in my truck n see how I place. I think I'll do decent lol after hearing some of the stuff this weekend at world finals

Any woofer can do it but you will have to lose output. I say that about the Z since

most think it's a "burp" sub. I still haven't figured out what a burp sub is.

Without a DSP you won't do very good. You can do a lot with only a strong EQ but not enough.

Front stage and tuning will make or break it. A sub is just a filler. As long as it's not peaky, or located it's fine. You are only judged under 100db

Any woofer can do it but you will have to lose output. I say that about the Z sincemost think it's a "burp" sub. I still haven't figured out what a burp sub is.

Without a DSP you won't do very good. You can do a lot with only a strong EQ but not enough.

Front stage and tuning will make or break it. A sub is just a filler. As long as it's not peaky, or located it's fine. You are only judged under 100db
Well sundowns only play Lowws and the DD z is just a burp sub. See where I'm going here

Well sundowns only play Lowws and the DD z is just a burp sub. See where I'm going here
Did you see the part about judging at 100db? How much output do you think is being given up? How much lowws do you think he had to cut to make it flat?

Just like mine, I have to cut 50-60hz to get rid of the peak to flatten it out with 20-40hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Massive spl

Banned
Massive spl
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from