noisy amp

SOUNDz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
is it normal for a bd1500 to make a high pitched sqealing noise? it makes the noise with eng. on and off. when i disconnect the remote wire, it stops. i figure its because the signal is taken away. the squealing sound is a constant sound, like a pbs test or some sh@t. it also has a turn on pop sound too. is there any way u can corect such an annoyance other than sending the amp back to rf for service?

I've heard on here somewhere that some of the Rockford Fosgate Power BD series amps make a squeling noise, I cant remember why but it had something to do with the intermals of the amp but that was just what i read once.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by SOUNDz is it normal for a bd1500 to make a high pitched sqealing noise? it makes the noise with eng. on and off. when i disconnect the remote wire, it stops. i figure its because the signal is taken away. the squealing sound is a constant sound, like a pbs test or some sh@t. it also has a turn on pop sound too. is there any way u can corect such an annoyance other than sending the amp back to rf for service?
That's Rockford for you. Every Rockford amps that I have worked on has ran into this problem (the high pitched sqealing). Now the turn on pop, that is something that I have not had a problem with though, but you might want to check your ground on that (I'm assuming you have an aftermarket HU, if you have a factory HU invest on a soft turn-on switch) and that might solve the turn-on pop.

As for the sqealing, live with it. I've been told many a times by Rockford that they have solved that problem, but yet it's still an on going problem, and a service center might not even consider it a defect as long as it delivers the wattage that it is rated at.

Originally posted by SOUNDz is it normal for a bd1500 to make a high pitched sqealing noise? it makes the noise with eng. on and off. when i disconnect the remote wire, it stops. i figure its because the signal is taken away. the squealing sound is a constant sound, like a pbs test or some sh@t. it also has a turn on pop sound too. is there any way u can corect such an annoyance other than sending the amp back to rf for service?
That's Rockford for you. Every Rockford amps that I have worked on has ran into this problem (the high pitched sqealing). Now the turn on pop, that is something that I have not had a problem with though, but you might want to check your ground on that (I'm assuming you have an aftermarket HU, if you have a factory HU invest on a soft turn-on switch) and that might solve the turn-on pop.

As for the sqealing, live with it. I've been told many a times by Rockford that they have solved that problem, but yet it's still an on going problem, and a service center might not even consider it a defect as long as it delivers the wattage that it is rated at.

my amp does the same thing it is prool the power coil inside the amp it may have delaminated itself and it now vibrates with the power going thru it just ig nore it unless it cause a problem with the power it produces

i've had the problem many times if you have your power and rca cables ran down the same side of the car the power from the power cable will send an interference with the RCAs tru running the RCAs and the power cable down different side of the car or get a noise filter

Originally posted by rain377 i've had the problem many times if you have your power and rca cables ran down the same side of the car the power from the power cable will send an interference with the RCAs tru running the RCAs and the power cable down different side of the car or get a noise filter
It is not engine noise that he is talking about. What you are refering to effects the sound that the amp will produce to the speakers, but his problem is that he has a Rockford, and the amp itself is producing a high-pitched whine. The volume can be all the way down, but the POS Rockford will still make noise,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.