noises in stock system

Participant count
  • Participant list

bborey
10+ year member

FPCustoms
NOLA
ok my mom has a 03 carolla and the speakers make a poppin noise and i think sometimes like this harsh whine noise but maybe it was just the radio station/song with the whine.

anyways while in the middle of driving and listenin to the radio the speakers sometimes pop the same way speakers pop when amps turn on and there's a bad ground. everything is stock, and she did get in a wreck that totalled the car so the passenger tweeter is missing and the passenger woofer barely puts out any sound. can anyone tell me if the noise problems are bc of bad speakers, bad ground to the HU, or anything else..

Well you got a list of the possible problems there. Look for loose wires and at the ground for the deck. You notice the lights on the dash blinking when speakers "pop"? Is the HU switching on/off with "pop"?

Do your checks and good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.