• Thread starter <Lnghorn28>
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 876
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<Lnghorn28>

I have a 95 mustang v6, 3.8. I bought a pioneer 7200 and installed it. ( i have installed a few other head units and all of them turned out fine.)When my car is running, there is this kinda high pitch noice that comes out of my speakers only when the volume is on, or the car is turned on. It does not make this noise when the car is off. I know that it is noise interference, but i don't know how to get rid of it. This is the first car I have heard it in.If you have any info Please emial me at Lnghorn28@aol.com.

thanks

Are you running any amps? If no then try getting a noise suppressor from the local auto parts store or Radio Shack and put it on the constant power lead..should cure the problem with less than $10.

Mike

yes, me car does have a factory amp. and the headunit which i bought (pioneer 7200) WAS running through it, but i changed it so that it is now running just like every other head unit. One gray and one black rectangular clip. (and yes i have a 400W cooustic amp pushing 2 10" subs, but i can detatch the amp connectors and the noise is still there, same with detatching the radio antenna. here is something interesting though, if my headunit is not pushed in all the way, the noise goes away, but when you push it in, the noise usually comes back. Thanks for replying.

check your ground, it sounds like a faulty ground to me....did u use the factory ground? if u did then rewire it so the deck is grounded to your chassis..

I was told that if u run speaker wires next to the power wire u will get noise interferance, i have my rca wires running next to my power wire going to the amp (i just thought about it) and when i have it turned up loud and it is switching tracks i can hear some noise...

yes, i bought wire harnesses for the head unit and crimped the wires, then connected thoses harness's to the factory ones. I gronded the unit by crimping the black wires(ground wires). How would i make it so that the deck is grounded to the chassis? I know that the RCA wires don't have anything to do with this problem because you can completely disconnect them and the noise is still present. Thanks for everyone's help and tips.

well, uncrimp the ground from the harness, find a spot (like right in front of the door, there is a panel, take it off and sand off the paint, or grind it off, just get the paint off it, then drill a hole the size of a screw u have, get some 14 or so gauge wire, hook it up to the decks ground wire, run it under the steering column, hook that wire to a ring connector, screw it onto the place u drilled the hole and cleared the paint, put panels back on, and see if the noise is gone, if it isn;t, then it probably wasn;t your deck ground, but i had the same problem, and changing the ground to a chassis ground took the interferance away for me.) yeah, try that, and it it works, then woo, but if it don't, then i don't know man.

The amp is a coustic 400, so its ok,not cheap, but nothing special. I'll try the ground wiring thing, thanks for the advice. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the amp and subs because i completely disconnected any wire running from the amp and subs, but the noise wias still there. Somehow, i put the reciever back in a little while ago, and the noise went away, now how long it will stay like this i don't know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.