noise/earth problem with orion d5000 (quick answers)

Participant count
  • Participant list

cmorebutt6969

uk
hello im a noob on the website and have a question for you

i had 2 kenwood amps in the car 1 x comps and 1 x sub, running 4awg power and ground, no problem,

i have just installed a d5000 amp 0awg power and 4awg ground to both term's.

so now i have 1 x d5000 amp for sub(0awg power and 4awg ground) and 1 x kenwood amp for comps(4awg running power and earth)

when i connect the rca cable to the kenny works great but when i use the output rca to connect to d5000 i get the sound of the orion amp fans coming out the speakers.

all grounds are where they was before just added one (not in the same place)

what do you think could be the problem?

idk about all that, but i DO KNOW your ground needs to be as big as the power. it doesnt do any good to run 1/0 power and have 4ga ground. it's a complete circuit, and the 4ga is a bottleneck.

all grounds are where they was before just added one (not in the same place)what do you think could be the problem?
^ This.

By not having the grounds running to the same spot it is more likely to have a ground loop problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.