Noise after installing amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
It could be a number of things. Bad ground. Bad RCA's....what does the noise sound like? And is it constant or when certain songs are playing? When a cd is playing? Need a tad bit more info.

It could be a number of things. Bad ground. Bad RCA's....what does the noise sound like? And is it constant or when certain songs are playing? When a cd is playing? Need a tad bit more info.
It is constant it's almost like am engine wind but not exactly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The chassis I believe and it's a polk audio pa660
what bolt are you using? most bolts that come with the car are connecting things like the seats, sometimes the bulkhead components etc etc, but theyre 99% painted or at least covered in something to prevent oxidation.

The chassis I believe and it's a polk audio pa660
what bolt are you using? most bolts that come with the car are connecting things like the seats, sometimes the bulkhead components etc etc, but theyre 99% painted or at least covered in something to prevent oxidation.

I'm currently at work ill take a picture once I'm out. But if i clean off the paint around it will it work

Ground to the frame but if it's a unibody ground to the main battery . Run same size wire as power a minimum of true 4 gauge ..run pure copper wire not that aluminum Chinese crap
^^this^^

or this

you can use a self tapping sheet metal screw as long as it grips well enough to the metal, but a bolt thru from the bottom wherever you can reach to put a couple wrenches on it and the nut is far better. Even better would be to have a mechanic tack weld said bolt in place from the under side giving you a pretty permanent ground post that will be very reliable. I used a dremel tool to get the paint off the body for the wire terminal, but you can easily get away with using a flat head screwdriver too. If its a sedan/coupe or anything with a internal spare tire cover, you can pull up the cover, scrape some paint, put the terminal against the bare metal and run a self tapping screw (1/2" is all the longer youre going to want) and itll likely be good if youre not pulling big amperages from the positive side of 12 volts. Also will want to make sure that where youre putting the screw doesnt have anything on the other side. If youre worried about rust with the screw going thru, you can hit the under side of the car where the screw came thru with something to coat it (you could use something as common as the stuff you spray on shoes to weather protect them)

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.