No sound from subs!!

Jacobs
10+ year member

JIMMY GO BOOM BOOM
A few weeks ago I was crusin in my car with my subs pounding (2 pioneer IMPP 1000W 12") The amp I had was a peice of crap. It was a power acoustic 600W 2 channel. the subs crapped out. So I checked all the fises power and all that other stuff and it looked all good so i figured I blew my amp. So today i went out and bough a JL audio 500/1 monoblock sub amp. hooked it all up turned my car on and no sound! I had power going to my amp but just no sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif So i figured it was something behind my head unit (lose remote wire or something). Checked that everything looked fine. ANy advice on what too look for next? Is it possible my head unit (pionner primer DEH-P630) isn't putting signal out to the remote wire?

if you have power to the amp then it is not the remote wire. check your rca cables as well as the wiring for the subs themselves.

you need to do everything you can think of to test your H/U. connect to a friends amp and see if it works. check the fader control. try new rca cables. these are not in the best or easiest order but are just a few things i can think of at 1:52 am.

Ok this is what i've done so far. I just took the remote wire and hit it againts the remote comming out of the hu. put it together amp turned on took it off amp turned off, so I know its not the remote. tried a different set of RCA cables still nothing so I know it's not the cables. Tried the subs in my friends car they worked fine so i know it's nothign with the amp or subs, anything else anyone can think of or think I should just give up and bring my HU back (it's still under warentee, so I don't have to worry bout money)

here's how I've always tested things like this - get a portable CD-player (like a discman) and get a stereo headphone to RCA cable, then connect that portable directly to your amp. If that doesn't work, it's not your head unit. If that works, then it's your head unit, or the RCA's coming back from it.

if you are still under warranty... return that puppy!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok i tried the portable cd player thing and it didn't work, is it possible it could be a bad ground? The amp gets power though, wouldn't it just not work at all if it were a bad ground??

Another quick question... right now I have my capacitator, amp and something else (i think it's my tail lights) hooked up to the same ground, could that be the problem? is everything supposed to have a seperate ground?

do these....

1. i had the same problem.... first hook up jsut the amp.. to a ground nothing els...

2. go to your house and make sure your h/u is ok buy hooking up your rca to a house stereo...

well i will think of more..

There is a great repair place in atlanta called high-end car audio repair center their address is 1919 metropolitan ave atlanta Ga. 30315 they have very fast and precise service i highly recommend them. their # is 404-763-2005 or 770-473-6556

AUDIOPHILE4LIFE

ps their prices are great !!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.