No sound from speakers...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BradyT88
10+ year member

So I just got my 05 double cab tacoma with the jbl system back from the mechanic after a few weeks and the stereo appears to be working, but there is no sound coming out of it no matter what I do. It has a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD deck in it. I talked with the guy and he said that the battery died on it, but other than that he never touched anything electrical in it. I'm pretty much stumped... Think it could have blown a fuse or something?

I would check your fuses on your amps, if no amp,and radio plays..you may need to reset the HU,There is a reset button on most of the HU these days.Just couple things to consider.

The fuses under the hood are fine. I am working on getting to the amp behind the seat. I don't know if it has fuses on it or not. There isn't a lot of info out there about the tacoma jbl systems.

my Tacoma had the JBL system...there was no harnesesse available in 2006 when i bought the truck so i just yanked the anp and factory crap sub and hardwired my whole truck...it had way better wiring than factory and sounded 10 times better

There are 2 radio fuses under the hood one is a 10 amp that runs the deck and I assume the other 30 amp is for the amplifier.

Anyway, it is working now. Don't ask me what was wrong but apparently the trick was to take the backseat apart, not to touch anything, just look at it. haha. I took it all apart and was looking at the sub and amp and decided to turn the pickup on to see if maybe only the sub was working and when I tried it everything worked. so I put it all back together and it is still working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.