no sound from speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

frogcase2002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well my driver side front speaker stopped working in my car, i have my interior speakers hooked up to an amp, what way can i figure out whats wrong with out taking the door panel off, i have a dmm,,, is there any way i can see if it just came unhooked or blew or what?

i made this for these instances.

X indicates possible failure. you can swap RCA's and speaker wires to narrow down culprit before your remove door panel.

RCAswap.jpg

i made this for these instances.
X indicates possible failure. you can swap RCA's and speaker wires to narrow down culprit before your remove door panel.

RCAswap.jpg

moved the rcas in all ways and just that one dont work, im thinking it came disconnected at the speaker or its blown i guess

well my driver side front speaker stopped working in my car, i have my interior speakers hooked up to an amp, what way can i figure out whats wrong with out taking the door panel off, i have a dmm,,, is there any way i can see if it just came unhooked or blew or what?
Just swap speaker wires at the amp outputs to see if the speaker plays on a different channel that you know is working. If not, follow the wire and look for a pinch somewhere. You may end up having to pull the speaker to check the connections there...but work your way to the speaker from the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.