No Solution

Retro Rocket

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ever since audio cassettes disappeared, I have not been able to find a satisfactory solution to listening to music in my vehicle. My truck has a CD player, but I don't use it because I don't like leaving CDs in the truck and most CDs contain only 1 or 2 songs I like anyway. I prefer making long playlists with only a few songs from each CD or vinyl record album. I tried downloading songs to an old Apple iPod and playing them through the truck radio. That worked, but the iPod is full and I can't add any more songs. The newer iPods only allow Apple music to be downloaded. I don't own any Apple music and refuse to pay a monthly fee for songs I already own. I tried a foreign-brand MP3 player (highly recommended by a website), but my truck's audio system didn't support it. I know a lot of people hook their smartphones to their vehicle's radio and listen that way. I don't own a smartphone and don't want one. That requires a monthly fee also (in addition to the cost of the smartphone). Not acceptable. When cassettes were in fashion, I just recorded my old records onto the cassettes and played them on the car radio. Very simple. No fees, no red tape from Apple or anyone else. Then the car manufacturers quit putting cassette players in cars. Aside from finding an old cassette player and installing it in my truck (which would devalue my truck at trade-in time), I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

you could get a new head unit for probably like $150 and have blue tooth. download all of the music you want onto your phone and run it that way. Im with Slo and cant quite figure out why in the world you're still using cassettes? the audio quality of those is worse than having a cat sing an opera song.

Slo Ride & Cavdrk, you obviously didn't read my post carefully. I don't have a cassette player, just wish I did. I don't own a smartphone, don't want one, and I can't do with a smartphone what I used to be able to do with cassettes, which is download MY OWN music and make playlists. Dragon Breath has a better idea, which is to find a refurbished iPod that hasn't been manipulated by Apple and will accept non-Apple music. I recently converted hundreds of vinyl records to digital and saved them as wav files rather than MP3 because wav files are not compressed and sound better. The downside is that each file is about 30 Mb, so I can't put thousands of songs on an iPod. I would have to find several of them. I think I'll be lucky to find one.

Oh, you can add music to a new iPhone or iPod with a computer. Add the iTunes app to the computer and then import music from the computer (or cd) into iTunes. I have music on my iPhone that I bought on cd 20 years ago.

What kind of truck do you have and dose it have a USB port? If it does have USB then you said you converted many songs to WAVE files. Then get a hard drive or a flash drive with at least 500g memory and make files and add the wave songs to it and play in your truck. I have a Pioneer HU that has USB port and i have a 1tb hard drive and a 500g flash drive in my Toyota truck and have over 6000 songs and it plays fine. All my songs have been remastered with WaveLab software and saved in wave format and play and sound nice.

You say you have a CD player. You can make your own CD's with the burning a CD type if you have a CD writer drive in your computer. If your desktop don't have a burning drive, you can buy and intall one. They are cheap these days. That is what i used to do in past years then changed to USB port. Most desktop and a many older laptop computers had CD writer drives standard. I even built my own desktop few years ago and installed 2 Blue Ray burner writer drives. So yes you have options

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.