No output on a kicker zx750.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

shava
10+ year member

ShaversDaFlava
Salem, OR
Alright, I just went down the the local audio shop and they said dead amp.

I have a kicker zx750 and a type r and the sub is fine (no smell or not making noise when i push in the cone) and i can touch the speaker wires together when its on and it doesnt go into protect or spark.

When i turn on my stereo i get the green light on the amp but nothing from the sub. I already tested the RCAs and they are fine and i know its not the rca inputs because im using the outputs for my door speaker amp and that amp is working fine. So is there something in the amp that could be blown that still keeps the protect light off?

I just noticed that after i turn off the stereo the green light turns to a dim red and stays. Anyone know what that means?

Alright, I just went down the the local audio shop and they said dead amp.
I have a kicker zx750 and a type r and the sub is fine (no smell or not making noise when i push in the cone) and i can touch the speaker wires together when its on and it doesnt go into protect or spark.

When i turn on my stereo i get the green light on the amp but nothing from the sub. I already tested the RCAs and they are fine and i know its not the rca inputs because im using the outputs for my door speaker amp and that amp is working fine. So is there something in the amp that could be blown that still keeps the protect light off?

I just noticed that after i turn off the stereo the green light turns to a dim red and stays. Anyone know what that means?
When my amp first comes on it starts as red then it turns to green. I believe that my buddy's zx does the same. This could be a dumb question, have you checked the sub output on your hu?

Yeah I checked everything with the HU and still got nothing. Its the same set of rcas for the sub and the mids and highs. And they are going into the sub amp and out to the mid/high amp so the imputs on the kicker amp can't be bad. And its after I shut off the stereo I can see the light go to a dim red

It was working fine for about 7 months.

If I only plug in the power and ground I get the protect light but its a really dim red. And then if I plug in the remote wire and then turn on the stereo the light turns green. I'm calling kicker on monday because i'm lost. I took all the connections from my other amp and plugged them in my kicker and still got nothing

It was working fine for about 7 months.
If I only plug in the power and ground I get the protect light but its a really dim red. And then if I plug in the remote wire and then turn on the stereo the light turns green. I'm calling kicker on monday because i'm lost. I took all the connections from my other amp and plugged them in my kicker and still got nothing
cuz the remote wire turns it on.

Yeah but when the amp is off and everything is hooked up the protect light is on. But when the amp is on the green light is on like everything is good but I get no output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.