No Output From Speaker Outputs

Participant count
  • Participant list

AngryPossum

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just tried to install 2 of the same Am/Fm Cd Players in my boat (not sure of brand name now, I will post later), one at a time obviously....
They were given to me from my friend, who had kept them in its original box etc and in pristine condition. He gave me 2 of them same model #s. They both power up and show modes etc, but I'm not getting any output from the speaker connections. I tested the speakers and they work. When I run a multimeter to the speaker outputs, I'm getting nothing. I tested the speakers out in my home stereo unit and they work. What am I doing wrong. *"Do I have to mount it to a chassis, if so my boat doesn't have a chassis, it has a plastic box under the dashboard that it slides into.

Last edited:
Umm boats don't charge a battery? Where do you come up with that? That is one wrong answer flat out. Outboards can charge off the stator and some have a actual alternator. I/O's start out as a car engine with modifications done for the water and use alternator as well just like a car.Only thing different about a boat is that you should use marine amplifiers and head units. We were doing systems in our boats back in the '80s. Including IB subwoofers sometimes or if the boat had a lot of room underneath the back seating you could use that and then enclose them to make a sealed setup and no water would get in.

Also he is buying a new marine head unit so he has moved on from this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

AngryPossum

CarAudio.com Newbie
AngryPossum
Staten Island
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views