No luck trying to find a true HO alt for 88 prelude...

if Mylows cant fix you up i can probobly help you out. a company near me builds alternators and starters and they did my HO alt on my malibu. stock is 105amps and they were able to get me ~220amps. hit me up i a PM with the engine type/code and ill find out what they can build for you.
Matt
are you talkign about Tenney alt?

are you talkign about Tenney alt?
hell no, this is a company like 3 blocks from my house. they have been re-building starters and alts for my uncle's old Volkswagens for quite some time. ive been running one of their alts for about 4 months now and absolutley nothing to complain about.

Matt

hell no, this is a company like 3 blocks from my house. they have been re-building starters and alts for my uncle's old Volkswagens for quite some time. ive been running one of their alts for about 4 months now and absolutley nothing to complain about.
Matt
How's the idle output?

Good luck sounds like my 95 ford aspire... The only one to help was singer in my case.. And the biggest I could was 160 amps. Apparently these smaller motors have small case alternators and cannot pull the amperage of the bigger alts. So now I am really considering doing my wall in my mustang:verymad:

How's the idle output?
after i had them put on a smaller pulley its great. at idle(bumped my idle up to 900 BTW. stock idle is something like 500 RPM) im looking at about 100amps 1400 nets me ~170 and i have all 220 by 1800

Matt

after i had them put on a smaller pulley its great. at idle(bumped my idle up to 900 BTW. stock idle is something like 500 RPM) im looking at about 100amps 1400 nets me ~170 and i have all 220 by 1800
Matt
Where you at in Florida Im looking for an alt and nobody seems to build them for my SUV Mazda cx-9

Where you at in Florida Im looking for an alt and nobody seems to build them for my SUV Mazda cx-9
im in central florida, near deland. i can check with them and see what they can do for your SUV if you want, i just need the year angine type and engine code(example my malibu has the 3.1V6 "M" code. there are 3 diferent 3.1's available for my car. M, J, and i beleive C.) i can get more output at idle on mine if i wanted, but i just replaced the accessory belt and didnt want to buy a new 1" shorter one. these guys are legit.

Matt

im in central florida, near deland. i can check with them and see what they can do for your SUV if you want, i just need the year angine type and engine code(example my malibu has the 3.1V6 "M" code. there are 3 diferent 3.1's available for my car. M, J, and i beleive C.) i can get more output at idle on mine if i wanted, but i just replaced the accessory belt and didnt want to buy a new 1" shorter one. these guys are legit.
Matt
that would be awesome im in tampa so its not that bad of a drive i have a 2010 mazda cx-9 touring 6 cylinder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.