No bass with new Taramps MD.1800

Hello,

I just bought a Taramps MD.1800 2 ohm amp brand new from the manufacturer for my two 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 dual ohm subs. I hooked it up with my new KnuKonceptz Klarity 2 channel RCA's and re-did the ground due to previous amp issues and I'm not getting any sound from my subs at all. The amp is powering on just fine but nothing else. I tried 2 different ways of grounding the amp, I checked the RCA connections to the back of the head unit, I even connected different RCA's just to see if the ones I got were bad. Still no luck. I grounded my door speaker amp the same way as my sub amp and that one works fine. The only other thing I could possibly think is bad RCA inputs in the back of my head unit specifically connecting to my subs or the amp is DOA. I know this is a common happening when people install amps but I can't to seem to figure out where I messed up.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

get a male aux to two male RCA y splitters from your local frys and do a test straight from your phone to the amp.

check your sub wiring make sure nothing is loose, make sure you are in series parallel wiring. Can also put a multi-meter to measure the ohm loads at the amp speaker terminal if you dont want to take the subs out the box. Then play a 40hz test tone and put the multi meter to ac voltage and see if there's any number going out of that amp at the speaker terminals.

get a male aux to two male RCA y splitters from your local frys and do a test straight from your phone to the amp.

check your sub wiring make sure nothing is loose, make sure you are in series parallel wiring. Can also put a multi-meter to measure the ohm loads at the amp speaker terminal if you dont want to take the subs out the box. Then play a 40hz test tone and put the multi meter to ac voltage and see if there's any number going out of that amp at the speaker terminals.

I just hooked up a male aux to two male RC y splitters I had here at my house from my phone directly to the amp; nothing.

I will be checking the sub wiring tomorrow after I get off work, double check the remote turn on connection one last time, and double check everything is in series parallel wiring.

I just took it to my local car audio shop to run tests on my wiring, subs, and amp. They said the amp is pushing 12v power through the speaker wire to the subs which isn't good and surprised it didn't fry everything. They said the subs are good along with my wiring. I will be contacting Taramps for a replacement.

Bummer. Sadly, DOA gear happens every now and again. I swear my FedEx driver drop kicks boxes marked "fragile" just to be a d!ck.

I don't think I'm going to keep the amp though. I didn't know it only allows 8 gauge wiring and mine is 4 gauge, plus the shop trash talked the **** out of them saying that the amp can't output 1800W at 2 ohms with 8 gauge wire. I'm hesitant now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.