No bass when both rear deck speakers are on

JordanRN

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, just as the title implies, I'm having a very weird issue.
So I recently installed 2 new 6x9 pioneer rear deck speakers (can't think of the model off the top of my head) in my 06 Elantra. Massive upgrade from the factory speakers. The problem I'm having, is with bass response. I installed an aftermarket touchscreen nav stereo in my car and there's an app that lets me choose which speaker is playing, kind of like a zone slider on a plane/grid. What's interesting, is when I put the rear speakers both on, there's 0 bass. When I slide it over so only one side is playing, as I slide it, that side starts outputting more bass. The front speakers work fine when both are on, but when the slider is balanced in the center of the rear speakers, I get nothing on the bass. I've tried swapping wires on both speakers independently and simultaneously, but nothing changes so it's not a phase issue. I'm thinking it might be a problem with the amp software, but I'd like to rule out anything else before I jump to replacing that. Any ideas?

It sounds 100% like a polarity issue. You already tried switching polarities at the speakers with no change, how is the amp getting it's signal?
Bluetooth. And it's not my phone because I just got a new one like 2 weeks ago and the issue is persisting. If anything the new phone fixed my issue of music not being loud enough. I could try using a direct audio connection and see if that helps it. I feel like it's also worth noting that my amp is 50w max per channel (like 15rms I believe) and the speakers in the rear can handle significantly more power. Not that being underpowered should cause this issue. (Now that I'm back home here's the link) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HY11CF5/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Edit: USB audio didn't change anything

Last edited:
So the amp is a BT unit? No radio connected to it.

Those speakers work good on 15w RMS.
My take is that the issue is in the speaker wiring. Check polarity, that should be it.

Well there is a radio but the issue is the same. Yeah tomorrow I'm going to pull the unit out and make sure the wires aren't crossed because I had to manually splice all of the cables when I installed it a while back.

Well there is a radio but the issue is the same. Yeah tomorrow I'm going to pull the unit out and make sure the wires aren't crossed because I had to manually splice all of the cables when I installed it a while back.
So the amp is connected to a radio via Line Ouput Converter. Then issue may be in the splicing polarity. Good luck, keep us posted.

Hey all, just as the title implies, I'm having a very weird issue.
So I recently installed 2 new 6x9 pioneer rear deck speakers (can't think of the model off the top of my head) in my 06 Elantra. Massive upgrade from the factory speakers. The problem I'm having, is with bass response. I installed an aftermarket touchscreen nav stereo in my car and there's an app that lets me choose which speaker is playing, kind of like a zone slider on a plane/grid. What's interesting, is when I put the rear speakers both on, there's 0 bass. When I slide it over so only one side is playing, as I slide it, that side starts outputting more bass. The front speakers work fine when both are on, but when the slider is balanced in the center of the rear speakers, I get nothing on the bass. I've tried swapping wires on both speakers independently and simultaneously, but nothing changes so it's not a phase issue. I'm thinking it might be a problem with the amp software, but I'd like to rule out anything else before I jump to replacing that. Any ideas?
Depending on how your system is set up it Sounds to me like there is an issue with the speaker crossover of the amp high/low pass.
I know they are in the rear deck, but are they components?
What type of amp are you using? Does it let you control the frequency of individual channels?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...