Nissan Skyline

I see... Are there many importers like this in the US? I don't need links and stuff, just a rough number. A buddy of mine's dad needs convincing that his Nissan dealership needs a row of Skylines to increase his "performance oriented" buying crowd.

i think Motorex is pretty much the only one. They are the only ones who import them, modify them to US emissions specs, and sell then sell them. All in all there are like 50 sumthing registered skylines (all from Motorex) and like a lot more unregistered ones here.

By the time it is converted to meet US emissions, bumper and so-forth standards, it isn't nearly the animal that it could be and you would end up with a really expensive car that is special only because there aren't that many around. It could be outperformed by a less expensive car.

Why do they need to be modded to US emissions specs to sell? If it's a used car it shouldn't matter at all if it meets the standards! Plus, it would be more of a attention getter than an actual selling point, to sell used maximas etc to the budget minded yet performance oriented teenage crowd. They have a buttload of used cars under 10g's that they can't get rid of.

And of course, I like them... Wouldn't mind having one in my driveway at all.

Why do they need to be modded to US emissions specs to sell? If it's a used car it shouldn't matter at all if it meets the standards! Plus, it would be more of a attention getter than an actual selling point, to sell used maximas etc to the budget minded yet performance oriented teenage crowd. They have a buttload of used cars under 10g's that they can't get rid of.And of course, I like them... Wouldn't mind having one in my driveway at all.
What makes you think a used car isn't required to meet emission standards?

if i'm not mistaken they still put out 350 ish whp when detuned for us emissions, 93 octane ect. not a lot of power for a 90k car but its still a twin turbo monster with a near bulletproof engine from the factory so u can still make just about as much horsepower with it you want. NO japanese performance car is as potent in US trim as it is in Japan or other countries. it is one of my life goals in life to own a r34 skyline gtr one day.

if i'm not mistaken they still put out 350 ish whp when detuned for us emissions, 93 octane ect. not a lot of power for a 90k car but its still a twin turbo monster with a near bulletproof engine from the factory so u can still make just about as much horsepower with it you want. NO japanese performance car is as potent in US trim as it is in Japan or other countries. it is one of my life goals in life to own a r34 skyline gtr one day.

if you were to buy a skyline in america, and were planning on modifiying it you better be loaded...ithose parts arent cheap.

Funny, a hick can drive around without catalitc converters on his truck for years and not get so much as a ticket or anything... God****it our country can be gay sometimes. If they're worried about emissions they could at least charge the people who are actually making the most of them.

What does a Nissan Skyline bring in the US? Not the Infiniti ripoff but the genuine, imported, twin turbo Skyline?
Actually the Infinity is the real R35 (2005) skyline in japan. Only its tuned down. Infinity=Nissan, but I'd rather get the 350z. Same motor as G35 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.