Nice system under $1k

Participant count
  • Participant list

Josh068

So I have a 1953 Chevy truck and I'm looking for suggestions about a good setup for SQ without spending a fortune.

A single din head unit will go under the seat for USB and bluetooth control

6.5" speakers in either door

An amp running to the speakers

And a small sub. I was looking at the JL CS110LG-TW3 with the JBL gtx500 amp. But I'm open to suggestions.

But the sub has to be thin and compact because there is limited room. And I just want to fill in the bass. Not thump the neighborhood.

I'll be running a 170 amp alternator and the truck will be covered in dynamat or the like.

I listen to metal and rock for the most part. But my taste is pretty open.

Thank you for your suggestions and comments.

Sound deadener has it's own budget. And it's a priority since long term comfort is directly tied to noise levels.

But I have 1k budgeted in for sound system hardware. Which seems fair for 2 speakers, a sub, head unit and amps. If I'm wrong I'll adjust accordingly.

u can get a nice amp like sundown 1100.5 $419 give u 500rms to sub.. and get my hu kenwood x301 very nice low cost hu, tons of settings even hp xover and time alignment $119.. speakers u can get decent ones for like $100-200 2 pr, then depends how loud u want bass to be (if doing 5 channel u will get less power to sub than well me with separate sub amp) u can get sundown b stock E 12 $95 perfect for that 500rms and gives u $150 or so for a box, still need wire and what not but gives u good base.. if u want separate amps u can get more power to subs like that if thats what u want or u maybe able to get 5 channel with more power to sub for that kinda $.. https://www.amazon.com/Sundown-Audio-SAE-1100-5-5-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B06Y3WYRJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1495733017&sr=1-1&keywords=sundown+5+channel+amplifier

New JVC KDRD88BT headunit, New Digital Designs C3D 2ch amp, New Digital Designs M80B mono amp, New Digital Designs SL712 D2 shallow mount sub, A pair of New Digital Designs DX6.5 speakers. For $975 shipped to your door with paypal payment... And 2 free Orion 18ft RCA's and a Orion 0ga fuse holder, DD T-shirt and other goodies..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.