RV Upgrade to entertainment system

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a toy hauler camper with a Jensen JWM6A entertainment system, factory installed. This system has 4 speakers in the living area, 2 speakers in the bedroom, two speakers outside and a kicker sub mounted in the cabinet under the fridge (mostly for looks because it sounds like garbage with all the rattling taking place in the walls). I'll probably remove the kicker sub speaker and build a cabinet enclosure that fits into that space with proper sound dampening.

The HU puts our 6 watts per channel x 8 channels (marketing says 50 watts...woo hoo).

The system sounds decent at lower volumes but like garbage when turned up. To my knowledge, no amp installed. I could not locate any paperwork on an amp in my folder, so I have to assume no.

My current thought is: Put one four channel amp running the four speakers in the living room and a separate mono amp for the sub. Would it be better to get a 5 channel amp (do they make that?)? And then another 4 channel amp to run the bedroom on the front side and the outdoor speakers on the rear side.

Before diving in to this project I'm looking for advice on economical solutions to make it sound better. Doesn't have to be superior...it's a camper. But decent sounding at decent volumes. Sometimes we camp at Motorcycle/quad spots and everything gets super loud. Sometimes we camp in national park where we fish from the camp site.

Would it be worthwhile to add a portable sub-woofer box for the outside with a remote plug in or is that just a waste? I'm thinking I might build one for my pickup to throw in the bed when I park near the camp fire. Something I could switch from rig to rig as needed?

I listen to classic rock when I'm alone...hip hop or 80's pop when my wife joins me...rap when my brother in law is there and country pop when we attend a concert in july in the dessert (night in the country) and the kids love whatever that loud noise is they listen to. So flexibility for everything that comes up is important.

Identified what speakers I have.

Kicker CS65 inside. 4 in the living room and 2 in the bedroom, separate channels.

100 W RMS, 300 W Peak

Kicker KM60 outside x 2 (Marine)

50 W RMS

100 W Peak

Kicker Comp C 12 inch

300/600 RMS/Peak

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.