Nice mids and highs setup help

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well its finally time to upgrade my door speakers and get a nice amp to run them on( since 3 of my current factory speakers r blown lol).

Anyways I am wanting to get a decent clean loud mids and highs system.

for around 400 dollars

I wanna spend about 200 on amp. I would like it to be 4x100 watts rms atleast.

And spend 100 on a set of 6x9s that are 100 rms atleast each

And spend 100 on a set of 6.5s that are 100 rms atleast each

Id prefer my 6.5s and 6x9s are matching

Anyways can you get some options thanks

The PPI is a nice amp but i actually bought the VVME for $53 4x80w @4ohms and 4x120w @2ohm with 2x25a fusing powering 4 6.5 and 2 supertweeters all at 4ohms

Here's a bitchin' setup:

Precision Power i520.4

JBL P660C

JBL P963

The Power series of speakers is a really good choice for this type of budget. It's a lot better than you'll get for spending $100/pr. I could make you a deal on the whole works and you will have us to call on for tech support and warranty coverage.

what about alpine 6.5 , and alpine 6x9 r series ? there 100 watts rmsOn a rockford fosgate 9400-4
The RMS power ratings of speakers is really not very important. It doesn't relate to how loud they can sound or how good they will sound. You can make a 100W speaker bottom out on far less than 100W. It's also not important to match amplifier power ratings to speakers. They don't need to be the same at a given impedance. It matters much more how you set up the system, how you tune your equalizer, where the high pass filter is set, the quality of the music you listen to, and more.

Oh, and the Alpine speakers and Rockford amp are fine.

The RMS power ratings of speakers is really not very important. It doesn't relate to how loud they can sound or how good they will sound. You can make a 100W speaker bottom out on far less than 100W. It's also not important to match amplifier power ratings to speakers. They don't need to be the same at a given impedance. It matters much more how you set up the system, how you tune your equalizer, where the high pass filter is set, the quality of the music you listen to, and more.
Oh, and the Alpine speakers and Rockford amp are fine.
Would it be loud tho. Coaxial in rear and component in front? with that amp or should I get a different amp or different speakers

I would drop the 6x9 and do a component setup in place of them.
ive never really done a mids and highs setup before . Do you think the alpine r series 6.5s and 6x9s would be a good choice ? or is there something better for the money?

And also could u recommend a good 4 channel for my budget? I was also looking at the hifonics brx1200.4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.