Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a convertible BMW myself . One thing I can tell you if you use good components with good power. You will have some of the best staging you will ever hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif As for the boom I chose to go with a couple of 12's in a prted enclosure. They have 500w a piece RMS. And it has enough boom to knock you crosseyed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But alot depends on how much of your trunk area you want to use.

I had a couple 12W0s in a sealed box facing straight upward in my conv. Mustang. It sounded awesome for what it was.

I chose a sealed box because I could barely squeeze 2 cu. ft. of box in the little ass trunk. I also like the crispness a sealed enclosure produces, so it worked out great for me.

All depends on what type of sound YOU want and how much space you have to work with.

For very tight, controlled response a sealed box (smallest) is reccomended.

If your'e looking for more boomy response with more spl, I suggest a ported (larger) or bandpass box (largest).

Whichever box you chose be absolutely positive it has the right airspace and is compatible with your sub.

Either way you go, with a convertible with limited space try to find a low Q sub that will work well in a small enclosure.

Thinking bout putting 10's or 12's in the back cant decide to either upgrade from the factory speakers to some aftermarket

2-ways or go the component route. I have 6 3/4 in the rear and in the door and I am thinking bout using those kicker panel speaker from Q-Logic. I want good clear music becasue i play anything from Creed to NWA to BoneyJames to UGK /8BALL& MJG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.