Newb question.....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your amp will produce 900 watts when presented with a 1 Ohm load. Regardless of how that 1 Ohm load is achieved the amp still outputs the same 900 watts. No matter whether it is a single DVC 2 Ohm driver or four SVC 4 Ohm drivers or a pair of DVC 4 Ohm drivers......the output remains 900 watts.

So - if you have two subs connected showing it a 1 Ohm load (which results in a 900 watt output according to the info you have provided) then that 900 watts is split between the two subs, or 450 apiece.

Your amp will produce 900 watts when presented with a 1 Ohm load. Regardless of how that 1 Ohm load is achieved the amp still outputs the same 900 watts. No matter whether it is a single DVC 2 Ohm driver or four SVC 4 Ohm drivers or a pair of DVC 4 Ohm drivers......the output remains 900 watts.
So - if you have two subs connected showing it a 1 Ohm load (which results in a 900 watt output according to the info you have provided) then that 900 watts is split between the two subs, or 450 apiece.
i think he gets that, i think he just wasnt sure if he was going to get a 1 ohm load.

i think he gets that, i think he just wasnt sure if he was going to get a 1 ohm load.
Well, considering this was the pertinent part of his original post:

The amp is rated at 900w rms @ 1 ohm. My question is do the subs see 900 watts each or will it be split it in half?
I was simply answering what was asked as you apparently were unwilling to.

OMFG... ur avatar is sick. thats not in a good way.
Yes, you really need to remove that man....not cool!!! It's beyond sick...and you will not make any friends here with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thanks Bri , thats what I was looking for.

OMFG... ur avatar is sick. thats not in a good way.
Better? lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Thanks All

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.