New to the Forum!

After some searching i have also found these two other amps.. All rated at 1600 rms at 2 ohms.. You guys are the smart ones so please advise me to which one would be the best decision.. I know i need to do electrical upgrades first but those will come in the very near future so please help me out on this because the prices vary so much for the same claimed power at 2 ohms..

Hifonics ZRX3200.1D

Hifonics X2200.1D

Hifonics BRX2400.1D

That amp is the same as the Hfi1500d. It's probably 900ish at 2.

The 2400.1 will do close to 1500 at 2 IF your electrical system can maintain good voltage.

If you're only adding power -- the best that can be expected is an increase in output of 1-1.5dB. It would barely be noticeable even IF your electrical system can keep up.

Just out of curiosity -- what type/size of box are you using.

So you dont think either of the amps i posted other than the 2400 will do at least 1500 at 2 ohms if proper electrical is there? Well thats disappointed since they're all rated at 1600 rms @ 2 ohms... currently i have a ported box that is right around 2.5 cu ft... it is a prefab but not some piece of *** you would get at a pawn shop.. Made out of nice material...

Going to have a local audio store do a custom box to fit my trunk at around the same space. Will post pics of box if i get a chance to after work.

So you dont think either of the amps i posted other than the 2400 will do at least 1500 at 2 ohms if proper electrical is there? Well thats disappointed since they're all rated at 1600 rms @ 2 ohms... currently i have a ported box that is right around 2.5 cu ft... it is a prefab but not some piece of *** you would get at a pawn shop.. Made out of nice material...
Going to have a local audio store do a custom box to fit my trunk at around the same space. Will post pics of box if i get a chance to after work.
There's a thing called box/impedance rise (google that sh*t up) Doesnt matter what amp, even if you are wired to 2 ohms, your actual impedance might be 4 or 5 ohms when you are playing music. Thats the reason why a lot of these amps feel like they dont put out. Out of the 3 you listed, the brx is the best one. If you are getting a hifonics, I would recommend getting a BRE 2500.1 instead. Thats their best line that puts out close to rated.

Hell man, another choice for you if you can upgrade your electricals, is to wire down to half ohm. I had my brx2400 wired down for half ohm daily for a few months, never gave me any trouble whatsoever.

You know why it never gave me any trouble? because of impedance rise, even when wired to half ohm nominally, i was still probably around 1.0-2.0 ohms after rise.

alright man, thanks for the information! My buddy is the one who sets up my amp and such for me since he has all the equipment at his shop here on base. Had never really heard of impedance rise before but i will definitely look into it..

Again thank you for all the information.. All of this is starting to make my head hurt!

So after doing some research on this... My sub is dual 1 ohm, meaning i can run it at 2 ohms or .5 ohms.. If im incorrect please correct me..

So being that, could i wire down to .5 ohms on my amp, since my amp will never actually see .5 unless its not playing.. Or will this hurt the sub? Since with impedence spike i will normally see over 1 ohm and probably upwards of 8 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.