new to the forum going to upgrade

ighettoboyi
10+ year member

Shot Caller
ok my first post. right now im sitting on a temporary system in my 03 maxima. my sister started driving so i think i'm gonna give her my subs and upgrade since im getting my tax return soon. I'm debating between 3 setups. Tell me what you guys think.

1. 1 15" Magnum D2 powered by ??? going ported for sure, looking for an amp 1 ohm stable 600-750 watts rms unless someone can suggest something else.

2. 1 12" XXX powered by bx1500d (1 ohm duh) ported fo sheeze

3. 2 10" Eclipse Alum powered by rf1001bd thinking sealed...

I'm coming from 2 10" L5's SEALED off a PROFILE clarus1200 so ANY of these are an upgrade. I figure the magnum setup would be cheapest so maybe i'd invest in some sound deadener since it'll use less power than the bx1500d and rf1001bd right..

give it 1000w @ 1 ohm?
yes u can do that. But why not get a 15" XXX, port it, and a hifonics 1500d to power it. Let me tell u ive heard this setup and its amazing. louder than ud want it to be. either the d2 or the XXX will give u the bump u want with great SQ.

if you were to take price out of the situation the mag would still get my vote for sure. then when you factor in that the mag would be the cheapest sub, need the cheapest amp, not need an upgrade in electrical, it seems like a common sense choice to me. go with the mag!

thanks for the responses. My reasons for the other options were:

I don't want to kill my trunk sapce with a 15" so i was considering the 12" xxx or the 2 eclipses in a sealed box. any other opinions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.