New to Forums, Many Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

AkumaSG
10+ year member

Hello All,

I've been reading over the forums for a few days now. I've recently decided to tear out the stock crap in my car (1997 Saturn SC2) and put in something a bit more to my taste. I've read over the forums, researched online, visited local audio stores, and scribbled alot on a notepad. I've gotten all of my rather naive questions answered except for the two I forgot to ask everyone else. To put this all into perspective, I listen to alot of Metal. I mean about 90% of the time. I enjoy Hip Hop, Techno, and Trance as well. For me though I want SQ over anything else. So since you all are audio junkies I'd like to ask the questions to you all....

Just to help out this is the current / future specs on the system

HU - Pioneer DEH-P6300 ( Already Purchased )

Front - Pioneer 6 1/2 TS-A1665 3-Way ( Already Purchased )

Rear - Pioneer 6x9 ( Already Purchased )

Rear Amp - Pioneer GM-X962 125x2 ( Already Purchased )

Sub Amp - Rockford Fosgate 800.2

Subs - 2x Infinity Perfects

Sealed Box

First, I can't decide on the size of my subwoofers. I'm stuck between either 2 10's or 2 12's. I'm definitely going with Infinity Perfects, but will the size of the subs only effect power level. I am more focused on SQ. I'd like to know if I'd just be wasting my money or if there is a difference worth paying for.

Second, Is it all that important to amp the front speakers? This is more for future reference, but I would like to know if it effects SQ that much and any other benefits worth mentioning.

Those are the two for now. I know I'll have some more before I've finished this little project. The inside is pretty much complete, but if you'd like to comment on other options for the rear I'd like to hear them. I'm looking to spend no more than $400 for the sub amp and no more than $400 for the subs.

One other thing before I end this madness. What is a reasonable price to pay for a custom sealed box?

Thx for any helpful responses to my post.

Metal is tough to operate with. You need some good channel seperation or it all runs together. You won't need anything more than one 12". Run the Perfect with the JBL300.1, that will do ya! Should only run you $175 + $150 for the combo, or somewhere in that range. I can't imagine someone listening to metal who wouldn't want it LOUD! So yes you will want to amp the fronts, it will also add SQ at the lower levels too. Your going to want components in the front, but since you've already purchased your speakers I'll leave that alone.

Good idea going with the perfects.. the SQ kings //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I recently installed perfects in my friend's car.. he's a metalhead as well. I went with two 10" subs, sealed, and a 600 watt amp. Definately get some power to your mids, and I'd go with the 10" subs.. you'll get a tighter response, and not the spl levels that drown out those riffs. The SQ coming out of his car is beautiful for his genre of music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.