New system help, under 2k

Participant count
  • Participant list

lumberjack
10+ year member

Little background:

Old system was 3 10" Fosgate P3's with a 600w Fosgate amp in my Ranger. ported. Pretty loud, nothing crazy though.

Friends firebird, (loudest in town) 2 12" Power series JBL with 1000w JBL amp.Sealed box. This **** is loud. Mine needs to be even louder.

Now, its going in my Explorer, hence space is not an issue. I will want the box to be ported. I have been looking at the Kicker L7's and possibly in the ported box you can buy from kicker - about 500 ebay. If i put like 3000 watts to that will it be loud? I just dont know what to match up you know, you know what im used to listening to, ( friends jbl rig) that makes my throat hurt a little, but i need more. So can you please give me suggestions as to sub amp combos. I also was looking at the RE sx's. The daytonas loook good too, but i just dont know im going into it blind. I just need opinions based on the jbl rig, whats gunna be significantly louder.

Also a big thing for me is that the jbls on my friends car, you could switch directly from rap to rock without changing anything and it would be perfect. Id love for mine to be capable of this as well. So ideas please. Also i gotta stay below 2000.

some advice hang around here for a while and read up and do some research there is a shitton of knowledge to be learned on this forum. the l7 in the box for 500 is crazy talk much better available for that price. check out the classified section there is nothing wrong with buying used and there are some great deals there but overall before you drop $2000 on this stuff do some reading so you can make an informed decision on what you need and what is better

thanks, makes sense, i have done alot of reading and im pretty confident with big brands such as RF, Kicker, JBL, JL, MTX, you know all that, BUT its the competition stuff i know nothing about. Im betting id get something better in a comp. sub, but i dont know what is good and all that COMPARED to say a JBL rig, know what im saying.

thanks, makes sense, i have done alot of reading and im pretty confident with big brands such as RF, Kicker, JBL, JL, MTX, you know all that, BUT its the competition stuff i know nothing about. Im betting id get something better in a comp. sub, but i dont know what is good and all that COMPARED to say a JBL rig, know what im saying.
ok well heres another tip take all of those brands you listed and throw them out of your head they are either bad quality or decent quality but way way over priced some of it is pretty **** good dont get me wrong but its just over priced. i am biased on my choice of subwoofers i prefer atomic some people like them some dont alot of brands you will see on here you have prolly never heard of but check them out stuff like Atomic, Digital Designs, DC Audio, FI Car Audio thats just scratching the surface on some of the common brands it looks like your going for loudness to beat the jbl guy. just do some research on the commonly used brands on this forum there is a whole nother world of car audio you dont know about.

"competition stuff" is just someone trying to act like they have better stuff "yeah i got this competition woofer" it really means nothing anything can be "competition stuff" all you have to do is take it to one anything can be used as daily and anything can be used for competitions(though some i wouldn't recommend with it)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.