New Subs Suggestions?

actually, do you have a custom box made for the cvrs right now? if its 3.5 cubic feet of net space for each 15, then just throw the sub of your choice in and see how it hits in it first before buying a new box.

I would like to nominate C2 audio threatcon 2s, running two 15s of them right now and lovin em. OAs and sundown would also be in my top 3.

[quote name='jeffdachef']If you want to save money with the box hit up @Boomsday ; on this forums. He builds nice custom birch boxes for around 120-200 shipped to your door. I know these shops charge you like 300-600 for a box.[/QUOTE]

wish i would have seen this about 2 weeks ago, i paid 450 for my box at Stereo Blvd off of harbor.

actually, do you have a custom box made for the cvrs right now? if its 3.5 cubic feet of net space for each 15, then just throw the sub of your choice in and see how it hits in it first before buying a new box.
I would like to nominate C2 audio threatcon 2s, running two 15s of them right now and lovin em. OAs and sundown would also be in my top 3.
Buying a custom box was actually my very next move. The two boxes that I have owned weren't very durable, blew the back loose in them both. So I'll more than likely get a custom box. And I didnt get to look very deep into the C2 Audio Threatcons, but i did watch a video on the Obsidian site and really liked them.

Buying a custom box was actually my very next move. The two boxes that I have owned weren't very durable, blew the back loose in them both. So I'll more than likely get a custom box. And I didnt get to look very deep into the C2 Audio Threatcons, but i did watch a video on the Obsidian site and really liked them.
Saw that thread last night, you got beat up man. Glad you're reconsidering. You'll be very happy man.

Dude with plans in hand I would have built you one for less than half that.
A friend of the family opened the shop, helping out during the grand opening. PM your info for future builds, i have a buddy that i just sold my Treo SSP to that might need your services pretty soon for his 370Z.

A friend of the family opened the shop, helping out during the grand opening. PM your info for future builds, i have a buddy that i just sold my Treo SSP to that might need your services pretty soon for his 370Z.
There are some great box builders close to you in LA and SD and I'm in Monterey Bay Area of course

If I were to get two speakers that are rated at 1200 watts a piece in comparison to two speakers that are 600 watts a piece, would there be a significant difference? Keep in mind I have the Kicker ZX1500.1. I'm not exactly sure what would happen if I had 2 speakers that could handle 2400 watts in comparison to two speakers that could handle 1200 watts but powered by a 1500 watt amp.

If I were to get two speakers that are rated at 1200 watts a piece in comparison to two speakers that are 600 watts a piece, would there be a significant difference? Keep in mind I have the Kicker ZX1500.1. I'm not exactly sure what would happen if I had 2 speakers that could handle 2400 watts in comparison to two speakers that could handle 1200 watts but powered by a 1500 watt amp.
The better sub will always have more output no matter the power you have.

RMS rating is not a number you have to go by. It's a rating they get off running a sine wave for a long period of time.

The better sub will always have more output no matter the power you have.RMS rating is not a number you have to go by. It's a rating they get off running a sine wave for a long period of time.
Ok so what would be your opinion in applying what you just said to C2 Audio Threatcon 15" and the SoundQubed HDS3 15". Those are kind of my final two options. Obsidians are still in the race too.

Ok so what would be your opinion in applying what you just said to C2 Audio Threatcon 15" and the SoundQubed HDS3 15". Those are kind of my final two options. Obsidians are still in the race too.
Pick the one you like best. At this point there isn't much difference. Either way you are going to get blown away.

Yeah just pick one. You will be amazed at the difference in quality of the subs compared to the kickers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.