Participant count
  • Participant list

ace_800
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just got my new sub from SPL

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

OK so now my delimma is build a fiberglass enclosure to 1.5^3 and run it with the PG xenon modded to do a minimum of 1200rms at 2 ohms or keep my 2 sa8's in a 1.2^3 at 35htz and run the PG xenon at 4 ohms, still doing the 1200+.

Opinions? I think seeing that the spl sub will be in a bigger enclosure and not sharing with another sub I can get louder.

The mod where you just allow the amp to boot up prior to seeing a speaker hooked up and it doesn't see an ohm load. As long as I am at 2 ohm or more I can run daily. It bypasses the protection but was very built and verified by PG that it can do more.

So the protection was removed and that was it. I don't see those pg amps being that great and dropping under rated ohm will only create other issues as it does with 99% of all amps that have their protection bypassed for that reason.

So the protection was removed and that was it. I don't see those pg amps being that great and dropping under rated ohm will only create other issues as it does with 99% of all amps that have their protection bypassed for that reason.
Its been verified and I won't run under the recommended 2 ohm. And according to PG its safe as long as I dont run under 2 ohm. I have a fan I plan on running across it as I do the massive nx5 now. I've been told heat is what kills the mod and not to run below 2 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.