new stereo for 2003 camry

Participant count
  • Participant list

msd94

USA
What wires would I need to put this in my car? Pioneer DEH-150MP Single Din Stereo

I know I need a double din to single din adapter that fits it, but all the ones I found have majority of reviews saying they're very flimsy or don't fit well. Any suggestions for that as well?

Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse has what you need. use their fitment guide then search for their product numbers on Amazon or Walmart. Your local stereo shop may carry the adapters.

My wife drives a 2002 Camry and the kit I have works fine. You need to get the trim clips fully seated for smooth seams, the clips are on top of the adapter and clip in from behind.

2002CamryFrontSpeakers032.jpg

That's an Alpine CDE-HD149BT pictured, a sweet deck.

Okay I saw them on Amazon, people must have just not installed them properly. I'll probably order it. Thanks!

edit: need to order the 99-8231 and 70-1761 or the 71-1761? amazon says the 70-1761 doesn't fit 2003 Camry.

Last edited by a moderator:
71-#### is the harness that plugs into the factory radio

70-#### is the harness that plugs into the dash wiring so you can add a head unit.

the 1761 is for the base stereo. if you have a premium JBL radio then you need an amp integration harness. it's possible Amazon just has the wrong vehicle/trim.

71-#### is the harness that plugs into the factory radio
70-#### is the harness that plugs into the dash wiring so you can add a head unit.

the 1761 is for the base stereo. if you have a premium JBL radio then you need an amp integration harness. it's possible Amazon just has the wrong vehicle/trim.
I don't have the JBL system, just base. Okay, ordered the right one then I believe. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.