new some input please

Participant count
  • Participant list

kirbyjl

Hi I'm new this forum,I need advice I have a buddy wanting to sell me a jlw7,12-3 with 1000watt jl mono amp and tuned jl vented box everything fron battery to sub for 800bicks setuo isn't even a year old and it hasn't been beat At all what do u guys think should I do it I k ow the sub alone is 650 700 thanks for your input

If it's worth it to you. For 800 you could easily kill the output of the w7. It depends on what you are looking for. From the standpoint of would I spend 800 on that set up.... No. For 800 I'd want to be much louder.

There is a good chance of needing a new box for more output anyways.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard nothing but good things about JL. But a side not is most of them come with "Overpriced for." Good speakers but you pay a Premium for the JL logo.

Sundown

DD

Soundqubed

and more are all high quality brands that are going to be just as good as JL but no where near the price.

I have an FSD Audio Amp (2600) and swear by it. Clean rated power without a giant price.

Mono Amplifiers - SounDrive Audio Store

Some Momo amps for you from a vender on the site.

The great thing about Sundown and DD is they will hit all the notes, including low and the subsonic bass. As far as I know both come with dual voice coil 2 ohms, which wire parallel it'd be a 1 ohm load. If you go with 2 it'd be a 1/2 ohm load. But now your talking about getting more expensive at the amp if you want clean power.

Grabbing a dual voice coil 2 ohm of any of these, paired with a FSD or Audio Legion of rated power should get you more than happy, and in a custom box I'm sure it will as much, if not more, output than the JL while playing just as clean and smooth. You can play with Programs like WinISD that will give you an idea of output and frequencies and such. It's not exact but it will paint a picture. One Sundown or DD, and Amp, and a box should all come brand new around $800, might even be able to get lucky and get it all for around $600 used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.