new setup

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
first real audio setup.

pics n whatnot of my setup.

any suggestions please say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, cant turn gain up anymore because i keep blowing fuses, have to upgrade wire/holder.

currently using a 80A fuse

MVI_0918.mp4 video by cbuts05 - Photobucket

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent looking box, good subs. Why do you have the meter probes stuck into your amps measuring resistance? You can't get an accurate measurement of your speaker ohm load, if that's what you're trying to do. Go to Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers and check the speaker wiring diagrams to wire your speakers for the correct ohm load. Or measure with them disconnected from the amp.

Decent looking box, good subs. Why do you have the meter probes stuck into your amps measuring resistance? You can't get an accurate measurement of your speaker ohm load, if that's what you're trying to do. Go to Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers and check the speaker wiring diagrams to wire your speakers for the correct ohm load. Or measure with them disconnected from the amp.
Did you maybe not think that he's setting his gain with a DMM? You don't have to unplug your speakers to set your gain with a DMM...its just a lot easier so you don't have a 50z test tone blasting through your ears.

Edit nvm...saw that the DMM was on Ohms lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you maybe not think that he's setting his gain with a DMM? You don't have to unplug your speakers to set your gain with a DMM...its just a lot easier so you don't have a 50z test tone blasting through your ears.
No he has it set on OHMS - it would be set to A/C VOLTAGE if he was setting his gains.

Why don't you learn more before you try and correct someone here.

Also to the OP - spray some battery terminal protector over the area you grounded at, that freshly scratched area can / will rust super easy.

You can find it at the auto parts store for a few bucks in a spray bottle.

I think it is pretty good for a first setup - clean install, good choices in equipment. Did you build the box yourself? $10 in carpet will make the box look much better IMHO

thanks for the posts guys, yea its my first REAL setup, i had ****** mtx subs that didnt pound at all before that i got for free, so i went bigger this timee.

got the box design from pro rabbit, got my dad to build it, and ya im new to all this, i was checking the ohms oh my subs, but it should be a 1ohm load its just got lil current running from amp right?

ill be running 0 guage soon with a bigger fuse holder so i can put more gain out, if i turn it up anymore the 80a fuse pops :p

Looks GREAT man..Nice job:D.Get you some heat shrink in that fuse connector though and get rid of the tape, that way it is water tight..Nice job though:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.