New setup JL Audio, Focal, Morrell

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fantasy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dubai
Building a new setup for a Maserati Granturismo GT 2009.
Head unit will be replaced by AuCar aftermarket android headunit.

Fronts planning for Focal ES 165k k2 components.
Rears planning for Morrel Tempo Ultra Integra Coaxials.
SUB planning for JL Audio 10TW3-D4
Amp planning for JL Audio HD900/5

I would like to remain with stock alternator and car battery.

What do you think of the whole setup?
Do I have to build the sub in a suitable enclosure or can I just replace it with the current stock subwoofer in rear shelf without enclosures?
Any suggestions in general?

Last edited:
Can i just fix the sub on the rear shelf replacing stock sub? Or best to remove the stock sub, seal the whole, use the JL new sub in a proper enclosure and place it in the trunk?

Can i just fix the sub on the rear shelf replacing stock sub? Or best to remove the stock sub, seal the whole, use the JL new sub in a proper enclosure and place it in the trunk?
I think it would be best to use the same hole on the shelf, but for it to be boxed in on the back. A competent fabricator should be able to make it out of fiberglass or even wood if space permits. Putting a 10" sub in the trunk will muffle it to the point of losing deatils in the music. 0.5 cubic foot is not alot of space so it is very doable. Would you post a picture of the backside of the factory subwoofer mounting location?

i wouldnt run rear speakers (rears just usually screw up the sq) and if theres some on the rear dash, id take them out so the bass in the trunk will vent into the cabin

and id get a JL 12w6v3, put it in a box and put it in the trunk. its one of the best sounding subs around

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.