Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok, get the Alpine 10 SWS D4 for about $90 and the JBL GTX500 on Chrutchfield for $99 and put that in a net, after displacement of sub and port, 1 cube slot ported box tuned to 35 hz and it will sound amazing. This is what I have in my Sienna (see signature below) and my wife loves it. It’s the perfect SQ budget sub and amplifier. It sounds better than my Sundown SA-12 in a 1.4 sealed box, obvioously because of the box. FYI that GTX amplifier dynoed well over 600 watts RMS.

Also the Sundown SD3 10 sounds really good in a small sealed box on that same GTX500 amp. I have this sub in a .5 sealed box on just 400 watts for my truck and it’s a good sounding sub. It’s semi shallow, and requires a small sealed box and with that amp it’s in your budget.

I will say the Sundown e 8's do look beefy. I have some E 10's and they get plenty loud. According to others the E8 v.5 is pretty much the SA 8.
are your e 10's ported how much power u got to them., considered getting 1 e 12 running 1k to it but i think my 2.2cf ad box maybe to big for it at that power

are your e 10's ported how much power u got to them., considered getting 1 e 12 running 1k to it but i think my 2.2cf ad box maybe to big for it at that power
I actually just took them out today. I had them ported and powered by an IA 10.1. The box was a fox box so it was "prefab" and I'm sure tuned too high (although the build quality actually surprised me). Wife hated how loud they got so I sealed the box and put in some IDQ 10's today. I'm selling the E's to my brother in law. The E's feel over built for their rating.

I actually just took them out today. I had them ported and powered by an IA 10.1. The box was a fox box so it was "prefab" and I'm sure tuned too high (although the build quality actually surprised me). Wife hated how loud they got so I sealed the box and put in some IDQ 10's today. I'm selling the E's to my brother in law. The E's feel over built for their rating.
yeah i'm torn between like 4 set ups., i have the 2.2cf custom ported box and my 1.63cf prefab with pioneer (in car now) hate to put better sub in the prefab but don't wanta bottom 1 out in bigger box.. also thinking of 2 fu 300 or alpine S sealed (want them ported but box is to much trouble and $) if i do anything other than stick a 12 in the custom box i gonna have 2 boxes in the house not in use so seems wasteful lol.. just looked at psi bas line too it's be $231 shipped idk that it's worth $80 more than the fu 750 i can get right now.. see if any sales pop up tomorrow..

yeah i'm torn between like 4 set ups., i have the 2.2cf custom ported box and my 1.63cf prefab with pioneer (in car now) hate to put better sub in the prefab but don't wanta bottom 1 out in bigger box.. also thinking of 2 fu 300 or alpine S sealed (want them ported but box is to much trouble and $) if i do anything other than stick a 12 in the custom box i gonna have 2 boxes in the house not in use so seems wasteful lol.. just looked at psi bas line too it's be $231 shipped idk that it's worth $80 more than the fu 750 i can get right now.. see if any sales pop up tomorrow..
The only reason I bought the fox box is because under my rear seat there is very little room. His "caps" allow for more depth and I had planned to seal his port and Aero port it but the wife thought it was too loud immediately so I didn't feel the need lol. I'm really liking the IDQ's sealed. I'd love to try the ID Max but just don't have the depth or room for those.

I won't throw in my 2 pennies because there is great advice in here already. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum! I am just south of you in GR.
Grand Rapids yeah that's cool bro you know of any good places out there to purchase any of these subs listed or should I stick to online by me there is nothing but a Best buy and ABC warehouse and a couple of really expensive car audio shops thanks for any help...
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Grand Rapids yeah that's cool bro you know of any good places out there to purchase any of these subs listed or should I stick to online by me there is nothing but a Best buy and ABC warehouse and a couple of really expensive car audio shops thanks for any help...
I like purchasing online to save on taxes and pretty much everything is free shipping. Returning can be a pain sometimes but if you buy from a reputable company, it'll be a lot easier. And from the closest shops around me, you'll pay even more markup.

I like purchasing online to save on taxes and pretty much everything is free shipping. Returning can be a pain sometimes but if you buy from a reputable company, it'll be a lot easier. And from the closest shops around me, you'll pay even more markup.
Yeah same thing around me prices are so high it's not even right lol...

All the shops in Grand Rapids are way too proud of their inventory. Most are 20% more expensive than what you can find online. Typically, I only go to the local shops for install items if I'm in a pinch, but more often than not I'll just wait the 2 days for amazon to drop it off at my house lol. IMO your best bet is to buy online

All the shops in Grand Rapids are way too proud of their inventory. Most are 20% more expensive than what you can find online. Typically, I only go to the local shops for install items if I'm in a pinch, but more often than not I'll just wait the 2 days for amazon to drop it off at my house lol. IMO your best bet is to buy online
Thanks for the heads up I'm almost certain I will

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

realone7575

realone7575
Whitehall Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
realone7575