New Member, new car, 2005 Acura 3.2 TL Setup

on this yah I want some fosgate, I dont mind paying the price for the brand because i know they're reliable and seem to hold up well over time. of all the brands of amps and woofers ive had including JL Alpine Sony JVC and Jesen (i was 16 I didn't know any better) they seem to be the ones that held up the best. I'm not competing with the stereo i just want something loud to listen to on my 50 min drive to work every day.
Well, if that's your cup of tea, haha. If you ever decide to rebuild, come check back in, i think you would be pleasantly surprised with what some of these smaller companies produce.

but outta curiosity, what is the better than fosgate and why? they sound better? more decibals for the same power? or is it just a power struggle?
There is nothing wrong with RF except for the price. You can pay less for a sub that will do equally well. Or if your set on a budget of 400 per sub, you could get a lot more subwoofer for your money by going another route.

but outta curiosity, what is the better than fosgate and why? they sound better? more decibals for the same power? or is it just a power struggle?
Well, it's all about value. When you buy a sub or amp, you're not just paying for the sub/amp, you're paying for the R&D, the quality of the parts, the staff, just the overall cost of running a company in general. This isn't any ground breaking news, but the thing with a lot of companies, like JL and RF is you're also paying for their advertising, and for the fact that they're a big industry name. Just because a company is smaller doesn't mean their products are any less quality.

I think you'll find that the smaller companies offer better products at a better price. I've never heard anybody switch from sundown subs to RF subs and say "WOW, these rockfords are so much nicer" it's always the opposite case. Sundown's overhead cost is a fraction of RF's so they're able to bring you superior quality at the same or a lower price.

You won't find many people on here who swear by rockford subs or speakers. Lot's of people like two seperate companies for their speakers and subs. Before you go ready, fire, aim on this build, I would suggest you look around and read about people opinions on the various audio companies. I think you'll find if you compare the reviews of rockford products on a website like Sonic electronix to what members here have to say, you'll see that we're a much more educated user base who tend to scrutinize products much more than most consumers.

Well I always like to save money, lol. I'll look into it and check em out. very understandable arguement, im in sales for a living and i tend to believe in "you get what you pay for" just from the nature of my business. this is the vid that made me wanna go with the 2500 and the t2's

but i will look at the pages and check out the comp. espcially if Fosgate's quality has gone down over the years like i said the last nice subs i bought from them were the Power HX2 15"s and those are very old skool.

Well I always like to save money, lol. I'll look into it and check em out. very understandable arguement, im in sales for a living and i tend to believe in "you get what you pay for" just from the nature of my business. this is the vid that made me wanna go with the 2500 and the t2's

OS RF Subs are basically as good as gold around here. Especially the old Team RF subs.

Look into Sundown Audio, DC Audio, SSA Audio (I think you would like their ICON line), Obsidian Audio (probably the most affordable company). For amps, look at audioque, crescendo, B2 (only their quota model though, their amps are stupid expensive), sundown.

ask for people's advice, look through the build logs, you'll get a general idea of what brands people like.

I agree with what you guys are saying about for the price you can get something better than Rockford. But IMO I trust the quality more on well known big name companies. Anything goes wrong I've always had great luck sending a greatly worded email about it b/sing them. And they fix the problems. Most smaller brands wouldn't be willing to do the same, if you can contact them at all. Not hating on dc audio or creacendo though. If I had the money or space in my small truck I would go that route

I agree with what you guys are saying about for the price you can get something better than Rockford. But IMO I trust the quality more on well known big name companies. Anything goes wrong I've always had great luck sending a greatly worded email about it b/sing them. And they fix the problems. Most smaller brands wouldn't be willing to do the same, if you can contact them at all. Not hating on dc audio or creacendo though. If I had the money or space in my small truck I would go that route
Paying a company's payroll/advertising/etc/etc/etc, or Paying for Quality Parts? More Cost for less quality vs Same Cost for more quality? You decide.

Like being at the Santorini, Greece.. and taking the donkey ride to the top of the rim, as opposed to riding the tram for the same price....?

Yes I'm quoting the all knowing Ron White.

Dc has a bad *** warranty dude if you fry an amp they fix it period .

Paying a company's payroll/advertising/etc/etc/etc, or Paying for Quality Parts? More Cost for less quality vs Same Cost for more quality? You decide.
Like being at the Santorini, Greece.. and taking the donkey ride to the top of the rim, as opposed to riding the tram for the same price....?

Yes I'm quoting the all knowing Ron White.
I've actually done both of those things, rode the tram up, took a donkey down.

You're doing a trunk build compared to a jimmy wont be the exact results as this vid. can get close if you asked these guys on here that know their stuff on trunk builds. It's alot to do with the enclosure. I love fosgate T series amps and components. I'm running the comps now. I always went fosgate till i got on here, I learned alot from the guys on this forum by reading alot. GL with build.

You're doing a trunk build compared to a jimmy wont be the exact results as this vid. can get close if you asked these guys on here that know their stuff on trunk builds. It's alot to do with the enclosure. I love fosgate T series amps and components. I'm running the comps now. I always went fosgate till i got on here, I learned alot from the guys on this forum by reading alot. GL with build.
Tnx man, I was looking at all the stuff everyone was talking about. I think I'm gonna stick with RF on this one but, I may try out these other guys when I do my wife's new car next. She been griping to get her own stuff and it doesn't need to be nearly as exotic as mine so I may do like a 500 watt system in hers with the companys like SSA and give them a shot, after all if it sounds good I'll roll with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.