New member in need of advice on Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

RyanD

I have been reading and searching and not finding the info/ answers I am after so time for questions.

I have been out of the Car Audio world for close to 20 years. It appears the names that were popular then (PPi, Hifonics, Orion) don't have near the reputation now that they did then. I am in the market for a couple of amps. Back in old days I paid a lot of attention to StN ratios and THD but it seams like a lot of the manufactures only want to talk about peak power on their web sites.

One amp will drive and old (original) MTX 12" Blue Thunder 4 ohm sub rated at 250w RMS, the second will drive the four 3way speakers in 50 to 75w RMS range. This will be in a part time driver/ cruiser, I won't be in any competitions but want decent quality. I am wanting to stay below $500 for both amps as I have a feeling that the single 12" may not be enough sub for the vehicle and its twin may get called back to duty as well.

What are some recommendations to fit these needs?

Thanks

Ryan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.