New Mechman 270 HO alt

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Finally got around to installing!

Big3 with 0 gauge and negative to engine block is 1 gauge due to stupid stock volt meter on 07 frontier.

Pioneer double din, FSD 125.4 and saz1000.1

Put my multimeter to the battery once everything was hooked up and I drove 3 miles or so.

Running, I get 14.4 and drops to 13.8 on some bass.

These numbers are good right? At what volt# do I need to worry (under 12 volts?).

View attachment 26556289

unrealistic to expect solid 14s lol let the alternator heat cycle to seat the brushes a few times before you rail on it too hard

where are you checking the voltage? after you're done heat cycling the alternator check the loaded down voltage at the alternator then at the amp terminals just to see if there's any difference

btw you wont stay in the 14s with batteries, you will with caps and more alternator output. you add a very small amount of capacitance with a battery from 15v-13v, all the power is from ~13v to 11v

Went to lunch and my speakers started to sound extremely weird (not sub and volume was at 12 of 27). Kind of static like a bad am radio station static, not bad ground static. Sub played fine. On my way back from eating (vol at 12 of 27), it started again then everything started pulsing, even at zero volume. My speakers smell like they could be damaged. Amps were not hot or warm, no smoke in any door speaker. I have not checked/smelled sub.

Could this be a voltage issue? All wires seemed fine at the amps but I have not opened up any door panel or at the HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here is a picture of my wires from battery, could this be oart or a separate issue?

View attachment 26556343

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

West1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
West1
Los Angeles,Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date