New installation: 1 amp works, 1 amp in Protection mode. Can not figure out why??

Participant count
  • Participant list

g0dsweed

Just installed JVC DVD head unit. MB Quart in the doors (Honda Accord 4 dr SE), Infinity Reference in rear deck, double JL Audio 10wxv2 in JL Audio box. Front stage wired to 2 ohms, same with rear and subs. Front and Rear stage powered by JL Audio 360/2 and subs powered by 250/1.

I finished the install the other day with shelf in trunk to house amps underneath rear deck with power/ground distribution block powering everything. Problem is the 360/2 does not respond until the RCA cables are plugged in and then it goes into protection mode. No speakers wired are hooked up yet so the problem is not ohm load. I have switched the subwoofer RCA into the unit and it does the same thing, and the subwoofer amp (the 250) works fine off the same RCA wires.

I have tested the power voltage, good. I have hooked up the 360 alone and same result. I have tested the remote voltage, good. I have tried switching around the RCAs at the head unit, no change. Frustrated and about to return amp for exchange, but **** I would rather get this setup working so I can listen to the radio again!

Any ideas?

Well, FYI the solid metal H bracket that splits my ground inside the distribution block had become loose on one side causing the amp to attempt to use the RCA as a ground. Stupid mistake-- thank goodness for modern protection on the amp. All working good now. Last step is maximizing my gain settings tomorrow!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.