new here quick questio

Gonna ride the FI boner here. How about 2 FI SSD's with the copper coil option. I've been hearing the sq is pretty surprising with the copper coil option. 2 of those in a sealed box would get decently loud. Only thing is no room to go ported and kind of on the expensive side. Leaves not money for a box. You could build a simple sealed box yourself.
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1548b83d1dd56c8/shopdata/0030_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

I like grubbs suggestion too. Type r's would be cheap, easy, and decent.
I've heard good and bad about the SSD's, then again you get that about any product.

Originally I wanted to suggest two SE or Q 15's sealed on that power, but I figure that would be pushing it too much for the price he had.

I've heard good and bad about the SSD's, then again you get that about any product.
Originally I wanted to suggest two SE or Q 15's sealed on that power, but I figure that would be pushing it too much for the price he had.
Yeah, i guess it's all hear say to you've actually heard them yourself. I setup my friends 15" Q. Was very impressed, figured SSD their entry level sub with the copper to help with sq, wouldn't be bad for a noob.

Sounds like he has very little experience, maybe we should be suggesting a setup that's easier for his first install.

You're right.

Two 15's sealed :)

He aint ready for the ported

Seriously, have you thought about the wire that you're going to be using or upgrading your battery, big three upgrade(you have a tiny alt and battery), anything electrical? Or did you assume it'd be all right?

Also, where are you going to get a box? Build it yourself, or buy it on here? Do not buy a pre-fabricated one from CC or Wal-Mart or Best Buy or whatever. Just dont do it.

make sure you port those Rs at 1.70cu.ft. if you decide on those. they are sooo much better ported. I switched the box 2 days ago from being sealed. they are 5x louder and still sound really good.

i got a optima red top battery new altenator and its either 2 guage or 4 ga wiring kit already in the car everything already hooked up i just retired my older subs

ok i think that im going with 2 12 jvc arsanal(i think thats how its spelled) my friend has both of them new in the box in my price range any opionons on these subs would be appreciated

i think you'd be way better off with the alpines. they would match your amp better at 2ohm, be louder, and handle more power.

i haven't heard any jvc stuff and no1 i know has any jvc stuff. I don't think jvc is very popular either. I see it as a wal-mart brand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you want assurance for the alpines check out the 106 reviews on crutchfield.com

(Alpine Sub Reviews)

plus alpines are great if your new to this.

jvc has two different series there regular and the arsenal series a couple people i know run the arsenal is 1000watt rms and 3000 peak i mean i could be wrong if so please correct me and the type r hold 500 rms 1500 peak so how can the hold more power i could be wrong again but im gettin both of them for 250 friend really needs the money

here the site if you want to check these out

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027927&pathId=145&page=1

Alpine has comparable type-x 1000w rms/3000w max subs. every brand has different level models. the alpines are a better deal for the money. power consumption doesn't always determine quality and loudness. $220msrp for 500rms for the alpine as a pose to $320msrp for 600rms for the jvc at the same level model. Also, alpines are reliable, have great sound, and are much more reviewed and popular. I'm not putting jvc down, just trying to help you make an informed decision. if you know people with jvc, like it, and have done the research then definately get it. 250 sounds like a good deal and idk enough about jvc. i thought they were mainly home audio. its funny they use "hemp technology" and they definately look nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I'd give em a try if its for a friend.

yeh i see what you were sayin for the price its a pretty good deal in my opionon im gettin both for the half the price of one i think ill get them and i after i hook them ill write a review on them after a couple of weeks i was wonderin where would i go to get a good box made is their anyplace on this site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.