new headunit for 2014 Cadillac srx

demonicinu18

CarAudio.com Newbie
hey everyone im looking for new head unit to fit in my 2014 SRX and still be able to keep the functions of the car with this being said all i have heard/found is from phoenix audio and im wondering if theres anything els and also what thoughts are out there on these products, im doing this all to put my helix A4 amp, HA clarus door speakers i have in my other car in here along with sundown X10 subwoofer

Good Luck with that. I've considered doing something similar with my wife's SRX, The cost as compared to the benefit doesn't work for me. Cadillac built their vehicle to make it difficult to switch out head-units, without spending a lot of money.
Is your current head-unit is working? Have you considered having someone wire up a harness to accommodate the additional amplifier and door speakers?
Just my thoughts.

not really a option iv thought about, honestly price isnt a issue it may take more time to get it and thats fine with me i payed $1400 for the sony rsx-gs9 in my other car and that was just for the head unit so any available options to look at will be welcome

hey everyone im looking for new head unit to fit in my 2014 SRX and still be able to keep the functions of the car with this being said all i have heard/found is from phoenix audio and im wondering if theres anything els and also what thoughts are out there on these products, im doing this all to put my helix A4 amp, HA clarus door speakers i have in my other car in here along with sundown X10 subwoofer
my 2011 srx had only 1 option for a aftermarket head unit and i got the phoenix. what do you want to know? It works but isn't the greatest and ANY customer service is non existent. Yes it looks better than the oem but android isn't made to be as good or better than an actual car stereo and 99% of what you see on the screen is just fluff to look like its doing something example being when you play music using Bluetooth the screen shows a spectral analyzer dancing around but in fact it has no connection to or represents what sound is playing and it LOOKS like you can swipe through your play list but in fact, its just a picture to give you the impression you can. hollow and lack luster, over priced with zero customer care after getting your money but looks fantastic.

not really a option iv thought about, honestly price isnt a issue it may take more time to get it and thats fine with me i payed $1400 for the sony rsx-gs9 in my other car and that was just for the head unit so any available options to look at will be welcome

You don't necessarily need to install the head unit in the dash. A deck like your gs9 can be installed anywhere in the car and be controlled remotely with a smartphone or a tablet. Just glue a ipad over your factory head unit.

I recommend Gorilla Glue.

my 2011 srx had only 1 option for a aftermarket head unit and i got the phoenix. what do you want to know? It works but isn't the greatest and ANY customer service is non existent. Yes it looks better than the oem but android isn't made to be as good or better than an actual car stereo and 99% of what you see on the screen is just fluff to look like its doing something example being when you play music using Bluetooth the screen shows a spectral analyzer dancing around but in fact it has no connection to or represents what sound is playing and it LOOKS like you can swipe through your play list but in fact, its just a picture to give you the impression you can. hollow and lack luster, over priced with zero customer care after getting your money but looks fantastic.
I have an Enon 10.1", Android 10, stereo in my 2012 Escape and while I really, really like it, it isn't the end all. As was said, quite a few things on the screen are just fluff to make it look impressive, and it does. My thing with mine is, it is slow as molasses to open anything, even email. Once in, it is lickity split quick and no buffering issues, it's just getting there. But I also have a lower memory version so I'm sure that's all it is. It IS convenient as all get out having a tablet stereo with built-in DSP. Going thru a Pioneer 5 channel, 2000 watt amp and 10" Dayton subwoofer with Infinity Reference components in the front, coaxial in the rear, and the sound quality is phenominal in my opinion. However, getting to the meat of the subject, I gave up my Ford 'Sync' controls. Can still have the steering wheel controls work, but most everything else the Sync system could do, the Android 10 does it better or at least as well. Bluetooth, Internet, navigation, micro SD card slots (2), rear view camera, dash camera, it really does all I need it to do. It even can monitor the engine diagnostics! Even has Apple Car Play built-in, though I am an android user, but it also has Android Auto (was never a fan) as well with a connected dongle.
Yes, getting a decent stereo in a newer car these days is dang near impossible anymore, if you want to keep all the bells and whistles of the factory stereo. But, I honestly feel no newer car system can really do alot more than what this system is capable of. Which makes me very happy to not spend what it costs on a newer vehicle today, just to get these features. Annnd, the screen is on a ball joint so it swivels. I really like being able to angle it towards my position.

Attachments

• 94878470_3194043890630356_278650168130142208_o.jpg
    94878470_3194043890630356_278650168130142208_o.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 94982279_3194043910630354_3799121482114662400_o.jpg
    94982279_3194043910630354_3799121482114662400_o.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 170
  • P1650147.JPG
    P1650147.JPG
    651.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I have an Enon 10.1", Android 10, stereo in my 2012 Escape and while I really, really like it, it isn't the end all. As was said, quite a few things on the screen are just fluff to make it look impressive, and it does. My thing with mine is, it is slow as molasses to open anything, even email. Once in, it is lickity split quick and no buffering issues, it's just getting there. But I also have a lower memory version so I'm sure that's all it is. It IS convenient as all get out having a tablet stereo with built-in DSP. Going thru a Pioneer 5 channel, 2000 watt amp and 10" Dayton subwoofer with Infinity Reference components in the front, coaxial in the rear, and the sound quality is phenominal in my opinion. However, getting to the meat of the subject, I gave up my Ford 'Sync' controls. Can still have the steering wheel controls work, but most everything else the Sync system could do, the Android 10 does it better or at least as well. Bluetooth, Internet, navigation, micro SD card slots (2), rear view camera, dash camera, it really does all I need it to do. It even can monitor the engine diagnostics! Even has Apple Car Play built-in, though I am an android user, but it also has Android Auto (was never a fan) as well with a connected dongle.
Yes, getting a decent stereo in a newer car these days is dang near impossible anymore, if you want to keep all the bells and whistles of the factory stereo. But, I honestly feel no newer car system can really do alot more than what this system is capable of. Which makes me very happy to not spend what it costs on a newer vehicle today, just to get these features. Annnd, the screen is on a ball joint so it swivels. I really like being able to angle it towards my position.
You get email and Nav? Although it said it came with Nav and a ton more, it either relies on connecting to my phone or as with what it calls a DSP but any other unit promotes as "tone", "fade", eq and time adjust. I can say that the 2011 SRX screen was so old and dated that I wouldn't switch back but I had about $6000.00 worth of audio installed (2x JL Audio 12W3's in a custom ported box, JL Audio TWK88, JL audio HD 750/1, & a XD 400/4, 2X focal PS 165 FE & 2X PS 165 FXE) I purchased what I believe is quality gear but feel like my head unit is barely adequate but is pretty.

You get email and Nav? Although it said it came with Nav and a ton more, it either relies on connecting to my phone or as with what it calls a DSP but any other unit promotes as "tone", "fade", eq and time adjust. I can say that the 2011 SRX screen was so old and dated that I wouldn't switch back but I had about $6000.00 worth of audio installed (2x JL Audio 12W3's in a custom ported box, JL Audio TWK88, JL audio HD 750/1, & a XD 400/4, 2X focal PS 165 FE & 2X PS 165 FXE) I purchased what I believe is quality gear but feel like my head unit is barely adequate but is pretty.
Yes, email through Google. Yes, tethered through my phone or you can buy a sim hot spot that will work as well, I just already have the data, may as well use it. LOL
The DSP in my Enon is pretty good. See the pics. Just a tad more adjustable than "tone" and "fade".
I'm not trying to sell anyone an Enon, LOL. Just saying what I have found and it works well for my needs. I use Amazon Music so never really tried Pandora. But the Amazon Music sounds, to me, incredible. I have no desire to 'upgrade' to anything more.
If you have HVAC controls integrated with your screen, or anything else integral to the cars control panel, that will be much harder to replace and expensive.

Attachments

• P1670069.JPG
    P1670069.JPG
    696 KB · Views: 162
  • P1670071.JPG
    P1670071.JPG
    762.7 KB · Views: 165
  • P1670072.JPG
    P1670072.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P1670074.JPG
    P1670074.JPG
    684.8 KB · Views: 165
  • P1670075.JPG
    P1670075.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 157
  • P1670076.JPG
    P1670076.JPG
    718.7 KB · Views: 164
  • P1670077.JPG
    P1670077.JPG
    658.3 KB · Views: 153
  • P1670078.JPG
    P1670078.JPG
    745.8 KB · Views: 148
  • P1670079.JPG
    P1670079.JPG
    754.4 KB · Views: 168
  • P1670080.JPG
    P1670080.JPG
    746.3 KB · Views: 157
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.