New head unit, peak 200watts… what speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive put several of these amps in and for the $ a really great amp!! for front stage. Bridged they are very nice on some power hungry mids also. Ive paired this amp with some S.Qubed components and much better sound with the Polk DB components

Amazon product ASIN B06XK1F1PFYou can throw the BT speaker in the garage or out by the pool

Not a bad set of components for under $100 bucks. They dont do well on the lower end , but sound just fine otherwise for as cheap as they are.

Avatar has a budget friendly 4 ch amp as well Ive put in a couple friends and family rides also paired with Polk DB components and Polk DB Coax. Not a Top notch amp by any means, but they do well and budget friendly and a hell of alot better than most stock systems for the $. Just a couple recommendations.

If you have tweeters in the dash, go with components up front.

I like focal, and we could play around with numbers, but If you want an easy answer, then go with that amp you picked and these.

Or you will not go wrong with
For these I would find a different amp, with just a little more power. 90w RMS. You can go 80-100, and if you go higher you can even dial it down to be 90w.

Maybe

SOMEONE ELSE: There is a popular amp company on here, with the green and black amps, that I can't think of the name. They might have a better deal, especially with an amp kit.

This leaves you enough room to get an amp kit. Spend the $5-$10 and run new speaker wire from the amp.

120w amplifier is about 10amps and shouldn't effect your electrical, and that's when you are playing it at full volume.

I would intentionally hold off on the rear speakers. Generally the rears are just a filler, unless you have a big vehicle, and want the rear passengers to hear the music as if they were in the front. Get the fronts done, and see what is missing. See if you want a midrange, or if it needs more highs and you can get a coaxial. Just something that is about $50-$60 thats 20-40watts and will play off the head unit.

Thanks for outlining all of this, I'm going with the focals for the easy option. I like what you said about the rear too, I think throwing a couple cheap coax in the rear will be a nice addition when the time comes. Am happy I found this community, y'all have been really helpful. TY!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...