New Guy, New to Car Audio

dsm600rr

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello all. I am looking to add a Sub to my 2020 Chevy Equinox and looking for suggestions. I do not want anything crazy, just nice clean bass.

I am currently considering:

SUB:

AMP:

Thoughts / Suggestions?

It all depends on what you listen to, if you’re gonna keep your factory speakers I would t get anything bigger than a 8” sub. And maybe look into a under seat subwoofer with a built in amp.

Perhaps this setup?

Perhaps this setup?

This would be a great start. Note: enclosure will make all the difference. If you want maximum output from this woofer then I would go with a enclosure built to spec. No matter what sub I buy I’ll always build a box to the manufacturer specs for the sub.

I hope this helps

That demon and crescendo pairing recommendation is solid....those jl options you inquired on are overpriced for what you’re going to get.

Since it’s a 2020 vehicle I would initially prioritize more of your budget on Ensuring a quality de-equalized signal, maximum amp efficiency (low current draw for delivered output, a sub that won’t consume your whole trunk, and An enclosure built to the sub specs. He a couple products to consider

Oem integration:

amp

sub

budget?

how much room do you want to give up for a box??? WxHxD?

and not just for this car, what about next car?

On second thoughts get a d4 sub and run it at two ohms

this amp would be great for that sub. Then If you ever swap vehicles(after your lease) you could throw in another d4, have a one ohm load, and A good amount of power for two subs...if your next car meant more bass which happens a lot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dsm600rr

CarAudio.com Newbie
dsm600rr
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from