New guy here in need of a little help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boosted Josh
10+ year member

Hey everyone, my name is Josh and I've been lurking around here for quite some time now. Anyway I need some help deciding what I should do.

I drive an 05 Evo, and would like to keep the weight down, or at least have a set up where I can remove it for the track.

Currently I'm running:

Kenwood XXV-01D H/U

JL 500/1

JL 10w7 in the prowedge box

stock infinity amps and door speakers.

Amazingly this sounds pretty good, even the guys at the stereo shop were impressed with the stock speakers.

OK now here is where it gets interesting. I recently ran into a guy who needed to free up some cash, (read: baby on the way). He had been buying stuff little by little but had not installed anything yet. So for an amazing price I got

Alpine IVA-D300

Alpine TME-M580 x2

MB Quart RSC 213 x2

MB Quart QSD 216

JL 10w7 x2

JL 500/1 x2

JL 450/4

So I've already promised the IVA-D300 to a friend and a 10w7 and 500/1 to another friend.

I'm thinking about doing 2 10w7's with 2 500/1 and the 450/4 on the qsd216 in the front and using one set of the rsc's in the rear.

The problem with this is:

a) More weight than I want

b) stock electrical system can't keep up

c) Space, those amps aren't small.

Sorry for the long post. Please tell me what you would do.

It sounds like you already know what your going to do. If the weight is an issue don't install any more equipment. Especially since you think the current system sounds good enough. Re-sell the equipment for a profit, and take your girl on a date //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome, tRiGgEr.

I does sound good, but there is always room for improvement. It could really use more midbass. Rap sounds fine of course, but most rock needs to be filled out a bit.

I have thought about keeping just one 10 and trying a ported box. All the systems that I've had in the past have been in sealed boxes.

Then I would have room for the 450/4....

I wonder how much louder that w7 will be in a ported box over the sealed JL box????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Boosted Josh

10+ year member
Boosted Josh
Birmingham, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from