New eD 13Av.2 pics ......

I love this board, been on it for over 4 years. I don't mind eD haters or haters of any other company as long as they keep it where it belongs. When people start bringing in stuff like that into a thread like this it's as if we were fighting over who's mom makes the best peanut brittle. Now go get your Webster's college dictionary out again so you can keep impressing me with your ability to look up definitions and use exotic words.

Im sorry, I hope you have a good experience with your new sub, but you are simply daft. The point was YOU need to lighten up. Dont come here witha chip on your shoulder about "eD haters"... if you hate this board, leave. If you dont want to catch any flack for your speaker choice, keep it to yourself. If you want to share, deal with the negativity like a man instead of a whining little girl.
Mindless garbage? You started it, duh? WHO mentioned the eD history in this thread first? WHO? The mindless garbage in this thread is your ridiculous whining about 'hate' that has not occurred.

Have a nice day, and good luck with your sub.

Why not, might as well have been.

OP, you need to chill. He pointed out that NO ONE in this thread has bashed eD except for YOU. People even said they think it's beefy, etc.

Get it installed, break it in, listen to it, and give a review. If it performs as good as has been hyped, then maybe eD is headed upwards instead of trying to crash themselves into the ground. I'm sure that if it performs even 50% as well as claimed, for the price, it's still a decent woofer.

On that note,

To each their own.

Kef

I love this board, been on it for over 4 years. I don't mind eD haters or haters of any other company as long as they keep it where it belongs. When people start bringing in stuff like that into a thread like this it's as if we were fighting over who's mom makes the best peanut brittle. Now go get your Webster's college dictionary out again so you can keep impressing me with your ability to look up definitions and use exotic words.
Im sorry you had to look up some of the words I used, I'll try to dumb down any further replies. I honestly wondered why it took you so long to reply this time, now I know.
And I love this board too. No matter how many times you point out to someone that they (being belbo in this case) were the one who brought 'stuff like that' into his own thread, the person still insists otherwise. The internet, where logic holds no authority. Gotta love it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif If your inability to understand a simple concept like this is any reflection on your intelligence, Im already questioing any review you may give on this or any other product. You can officially consider me biased that you are stupid. If you find the speaker to perform badly, I might have to consider buying one.

Have a nice day

edit: lol wootah

Lighten up Francis, it's a sub, not a gawddam 401(k) so drop all the drama.
I wish they wouldn't let people clog up threads with mindless garbage like this but if that's what puts lead in your pencil, knock yourself out.

To everyone interested in the sub, again, I hope to have some listening on it this weekend.
Unlike other forums, opinions and comments are free to flow here. Especially when presented in an appropriate manner.

You two may disagree, but both of you have talked in a civil manner while disagree-ing with eachother.

On this site, we don't censor people thinking. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG

Im biased because I said people are holding back? lol My long winded reply shows my bias? Since when does length of replies count as showing bias, rather than the actual thoughts and words within the reply? Where have I in this thread, even once, bad mouthed this speaker or its company? If your reply is my saying people are 'holding back'.. well then I still say wow, why so sensitive?
"Only 8 posts in a thread with over 60 replies= OP is NOT doing all the talking. Only 2 or 3 of those had ANY mention of "haters." Most of the ones that did mention any bashing were replies to other people. Hell, I think MrOgowski might have more posts in here than the OP."

Again counting words to make some obscure point? Nice job. My point was the OP has mentioned eD's history in this thread. NOBODY ELSE. Not one other person, until he did. Not one. Yet here he is whining about all the 'bashing', its ludracris. And you defend that position because he's posted 8 posts in a 60+ reply thread? That makes tons of sense! Not.

If only "2 or 3" mentioned "hate", why is the OP making the big deal out of it? Again, that is my point.

"Expecting people to bash on the sub because it is an eD is not exactly out of line here. We all know the story, and you seem to feel the need to reiterate it more than most."

You just hit the nail on the head, and you don't even realize it. The OP came here EXPECTING to be bashed, predicting it, almost asking for it. What he got instead were a couple people stating they dont like the looks of this or that (one point of which HE agreed to), yet he still whines about all the 'hate'. Truth is, eD sympathizers see 'hate' and 'bias' in every negative comment. You are the perfect example. You state I "seem to feel the need to reiterate it more than most" and yet you cannot find one single solitary comment Ive made in this thread to bash this speaker, or its manufacturer. Yet here you are spouting off about my hatred for eD for previous violations against me, talking about my bias as if you know me. You dont know me or my motives, do not pretend you do.

"To summarize: Your bias may be warranted, but it is YOU who are biased here, not the OP. At least wait to see if he likes the thing before you start to fire up the I-told-you-so machine. You may not have outright said anything bad about the sub or the company, but your feelings are obvious."

Oh I see, guilty by presumption. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Well I had no idea you had such an open and shut case against me, and all my fellow eD haters on this board who have flooded this thread with our anger. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif You are arguing Im firing up the "I told you so" machine too soon, when I have not said one single thing about the speaker. I find it funny you wasted so much time typing out a response to me, when clearly you have 'nothing on me' beyond your assumptions of my motives. Again you do not know me, or my motives. Your assumptions only prove your willingness to speak on topics you know nothing about.

Oops is this reply so long it proves Im biased too? Maybe I need to stick to one-liner replies before Im considered impartial? lawl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
The problem is that I really didn't see the OP doing much whining about the haters. Some people did, and he replied to those posts, but HE didn't actually do much of the whining. The comment about only 8 posts in the thread had nothing to do with hating. It was in reply to you claiming that the OP was doing most of the talking. Nothing more.

The "holding back" comment is what mainly revealed your bias here. Like I said, from some of your other posts I've read, you have a reason to be biased against the company. I never once claimed that you directly bashed the product or company anywhere in the thread. Nobody said anything negative about the company. The OP never actually said anything about "haters" until others mentioned it. I will agree that the un-knowing support for the product and the company showed by some in this thread would qualify those people as sympathizers. I just wouldn't label the OP as one based on the fact that he replied to others' posts based on a long-standing tradition of eD-hating on this forum. That's all I'm really trying to get at here.

I may not know you personally, but I do know that at least 90% your eD-related posts that I have seen were decidedly negative. I'm more than willing, given all the bad hype in recent years, to believe that this negativity was warranted. If I saw negativity in your post that you didn't intend, I apologize. Perhaps I've just been a bit predisposed from prior anti-eD posts of yours.

Unlike other forums, opinions and comments are free to flow here. Especially when presented in an appropriate manner.
You two may disagree, but both of you have talked in a civil manner while disagree-ing with eachother.

On this site, we don't censor people thinking. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG
Unfortunately, people who can actually articulate a decent argument don't show up here much. Hell, most of the members can't type a coherent sentence. I guess you just have to take what you can get.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

w9b6v6.jpg
boobies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Good thread in my book!

boobies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif
Good thread in my book!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif saw her on G4 on AOTS's "Women of the Web" me likey.

The problem is that I really didn't see the OP doing much whining about the haters. Some people did, and he replied to those posts, but HE didn't actually do much of the whining. The comment about only 8 posts in the thread had nothing to do with hating. It was in reply to you claiming that the OP was doing most of the talking. Nothing more.
The "holding back" comment is what mainly revealed your bias here. Like I said, from some of your other posts I've read, you have a reason to be biased against the company. I never once claimed that you directly bashed the product or company anywhere in the thread. Nobody said anything negative about the company. The OP never actually said anything about "haters" until others mentioned it. I will agree that the un-knowing support for the product and the company showed by some in this thread would qualify those people as sympathizers. I just wouldn't label the OP as one based on the fact that he replied to others' posts based on a long-standing tradition of eD-hating on this forum. That's all I'm really trying to get at here.

I may not know you personally, but I do know that at least 90% your eD-related posts that I have seen were decidedly negative. I'm more than willing, given all the bad hype in recent years, to believe that this negativity was warranted. If I saw negativity in your post that you didn't intend, I apologize. Perhaps I've just been a bit predisposed from prior anti-eD posts of yours.
Its no secret I dislike eD, based upon previous practices. Does this make me biased, or if true, does it simply make me educated? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'll let each person make their own judgement there. I appreciate your thought that my opinion is likely justified. Honestly, I use to be an eD fan. I dont wish to see any up and coming American speaker manufacturer do badly. We do so few things well anymore, at least we Americans are still good at making ridiculously overly large subwoofers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif My point is, I dont want to dislike eD, I really dont. But... I can't help it. My conscience simply wont let me forget.
But that is neither here nor there for this thread. I also did not intend to turn this thread into an eD debate, or any form of spectacle. I passed by the opportunity to post on this thread more than once before finally deciding to do so. I expected to pop in, present my uncanny good sense on the subject, and pop back out again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I never stated the OP was doing all the talking, but rather that he was doing all the talking about eD's history. If you re-read I think you will find that was indeed my point, and that it was also correct.

Me stating people are 'holding back' does not show Im biased for or against eD at all. Its shows a predisposition that a flame fest was expected, one which never really happened.

I must wrap this up for fear of this reply appearing too long for an unbiased person to have possibly written. I will finish by saying thanks for the civil reply Hintzy.

Its no secret I dislike eD, based upon previous practices. Does this make me biased, or if true, does it simply make me educated? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'll let each person make their own judgement there. I appreciate your thought that my opinion is likely justified. Honestly, I use to be an eD fan. I dont wish to see any up and coming American speaker manufacturer do badly. We do so few things well anymore, at least we Americans are still good at making ridiculously overly large subwoofers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif My point is, I dont want to dislike eD, I really dont. But... I can't help it. My conscious simply wont let me forget.
But that is neither here nor there for this thread. I also did not intend to turn this thread into an eD debate, or any form of spectacle. I passed by the opportunity to post on this thread more than once before finally deciding to do so. I expected to pop in, present my uncanny good sense on the subject, and pop back out again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I never stated the OP was doing all the talking, but rather that he was doing all the talking about eD's history. If you re-read I think you will find that was indeed my point, and that it was also correct.

Me stating people are 'holding back' does not show Im biased for or against eD at all. Its shows a predisposition that a flame fest was expected, one which never really happened.

I must wrap this up for fear of this reply appearing too long for an unbiased person to have possibly written. I will finish by saying thanks for the civil reply Hintzy.
LOL, it's your sense of humor I love the most;). I still think that others did more whining and that the OP merely replied to those expecting flaming that never really came (at least before you and I started arguing anyway:))

But who cares? You and I are friends now and that's all that matters.

/thread:laugh:

Back on topic though.

I really hope that sub performs nicely for you. And if you don't like the look, I'm sure inverting that beast would impress some folks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Works for me.

And I agree, hope it performs as expected.

...but we know it wont, cuz its eD! (oh come on, I had to... just once)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.