New Dayton Reference "high excursion" subs..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thiele-Small Parameters
Resonant Frequency (Fs)30Hz
DC Resistance (Re)4.3Ω
Voice Coil Inductance (Le)2.1mH
Mechanical Q (Qms)4.34
Electromagnetic Q (Qes)0.42
Total Q (Qts)0.39
Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas)0.576ft³
Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms)0.11mm/N
BL Product (BL)21.7T·m
Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms)244g
Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax)25mm
Surface Area of Cone (Sd)316cm²

They look pretty good to me. I bet they sound good. I think you could run these in a 4th, if that .5 sealed is an actual not-BS box size recommendation. A lot of 10's will use .5 sealed.

I ran their sealed box numbers, lol, how in the hell did they come up with a F3 of 60 hz for sealed? That looks wrong to me, from me using my sealed stuff (which isn't a full modeling quite). I don't see how that's right, the program must be bunk. Some programs don't model certain types of woofers well.

Last edited:
See, Fs is such a good indicator of how the sub is designed. It's awesome when I see stuff like low Q values, relatively high excursion, and still having a lower Fs. 30 hz is pretty good for a 10 like this; makes me think sound quality. I bet these will do well in a decent ported box. A lot of 10's can have higher Fs's. I think 12's are the perfect sized woofer, if I had to pick one. But these subs, I like.

I'd run these in my car FYI, all day. Or my house. I like them.

Last edited:
I was looking at these last night and running numbers. I want one. I think I’m ordering one of these on Friday. I’m leaning towards putting it in .6 cubes @ 30 hz. Wish I had the power for 2, but I only have 1400 on tap.

I was looking at these last night and running numbers. I want one. I think I’m ordering one of these on Friday. I’m leaning towards putting it in .6 cubes @ 30 hz. Wish I had the power for 2, but I only have 1400 on tap.

Why so small? I haven't looked at models or anything, but I would think they'd want bigger than .6. I would imagine these would want at least 1 cube. You could run 2 in maybe like 1-1.5 each. Maybe 1.25. That's almost enough power.

Why so small? I haven't looked at models or anything, but I would think they'd want bigger than .6. I would imagine these would want at least 1 cube. You could run 2 in maybe like 1-1.5 each. Maybe 1.25. That's almost enough power.
I only played with them for a little while, but with cabin gain, that’s what I’m getting for a flat signal. That’s why I’m interested in them. I need a small box sub. 1 cube looks good also honestly.

I have the audio legion 10 in 1.2 cubes @ 32 HZ, and I have quite a large low end hump. They recommended 1.5, but I think I could’ve dropped this down to 1 cube and still been fine.

I keep trying to log into my laptop, but thunderstorms took out my internet and it’s still out, so I’m on Verizon network on my iPad. It seems like a decent program, but I wish I had my full computer.

I was actually just about to email you about your thoughts on these. Figured it'd be more cone area than that 15" and would actually fit with no issues. Just curious if that 1500 watt amp would be enough for 2 of these.

What do y'all think? How would this do on 2 of these?

I was actually just about to email you about your thoughts on these. Figured it'd be more cone area than that 15" and would actually fit with no issues. Just curious if that 1500 watt amp would be enough for 2 of these.

What do y'all think? How would this do on 2 of these?

If you mean the 800w subs, it would be a little underpowered, but would probably still sound good. Let me know if you still want to look at other woofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...