New Car

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Unfortunately two weeks ago, I got into a horrible car crash that had a total loss on my ride. I took the insurance check and bought a 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited with all the extra features. My speaker dimensions are as follows:

Front doors: 6.5" speaker 1" tweeter

Back doors: 6.5" speaker 1" tweeter

Back deck: 8" speaker/subwoofer

It comes with the premium Infinity sound system and I just put in the Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS. Due to the accident I lost all of my audio equipment and now am looking for a sound quality setup. I do not want to add any subwoofers in the trunk and was thinking about putting a high quality 8" subwoofer on the rear deck. I also was thinking of just keeping the stock speakers because they are GOOD! I love the stock system, just looking for a little "Umph." I want to put an amp on the stock speakers though so I can get the most out of them. What are the RMS and/or Peak output of the infinity speakers in the Azera? Or what amp would you recommend for the speakers? One more question: What would be a great 8" subwoofer for the rear deck?

If you guys recommend any other speakers besides the Infinity speakers it comes with give me some suggestions. I am just trying to save a couple of bucks by putting an amp on the stock speakers. I will take suggestions/comments.

Not sure the exact rating on the factory infinitys. I would take a dmm to one of them and see if they are 4ohm or 2ohm because alot of infinitys are 2ohm. After that I would run a 4 channel that does 50-60x4 @ whatever impedance they are. For a sub the shallow mount line of sundown the SD-2 8 would probably work well. 300wrms

Not sure the exact rating on the factory infinitys. I would take a dmm to one of them and see if they are 4ohm or 2ohm because alot of infinitys are 2ohm. After that I would run a 4 channel that does 50-60x4 @ whatever impedance they are. For a sub the shallow mount line of sundown the SD-2 8 would probably work well. 300wrms
What frequency range does the SD-2 hit? I'm thinking I might put 2 15's in the trunk so I would want the 8" to be a mid woofer somehow.

Unfortunately two weeks ago, I got into a horrible car crash that had a total loss on my ride. I took the insurance check and bought a 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited with all the extra features. My speaker dimensions are as follows:
Front doors: 6.5" speaker 1" tweeter

Back doors: 6.5" speaker 1" tweeter

Back deck: 8" speaker/subwoofer

It comes with the premium Infinity sound system and I just put in the Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS. Due to the accident I lost all of my audio equipment and now am looking for a sound quality setup. I do not want to add any subwoofers in the trunk and was thinking about putting a high quality 8" subwoofer on the rear deck. I also was thinking of just keeping the stock speakers because they are GOOD! I love the stock system, just looking for a little "Umph." I want to put an amp on the stock speakers though so I can get the most out of them. What are the RMS and/or Peak output of the infinity speakers in the Azera? Or what amp would you recommend for the speakers? One more question: What would be a great 8" subwoofer for the rear deck?

If you guys recommend any other speakers besides the Infinity speakers it comes with give me some suggestions. I am just trying to save a couple of bucks by putting an amp on the stock speakers. I will take suggestions/comments.

What frequency range does the SD-2 hit? I'm thinking I might put 2 15's in the trunk so I would want the 8" to be a mid woofer somehow.
lol change of heart soo quick and to the other end of the extreme too lol. You do not want to put in different sized subwoofers even if your trying to go for midbass with a subwoofer, theres gonna be cancelation going on. I would amp your speakers and work on this http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/579338-how-do-i-get-bass-out-my-door-speakers-2.html to improve your midbass. Your subwoofer should be an a proper enclosure so it can hit your specified frequency range and blend in with the midbass from your speakers.

lol change of heart soo quick and to the other end of the extreme too lol. You do not want to put in different sized subwoofers even if your trying to go for midbass with a subwoofer, theres gonna be cancelation going on. I would amp your speakers and work on this http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/579338-how-do-i-get-bass-out-my-door-speakers-2.html to improve your midbass. Your subwoofer should be an a proper enclosure so it can hit your specified frequency range and blend in with the midbass from your speakers.
Not completely true, this what your crossover is for, almost all pa/dj setups are done this way , we use 15s with 18inch subs or 12s with 15 inch subs. Just let the subs take care of way down low. And still get that good mid bass from the 8 and 6.5s

i know where your coming from with the dj and pa setups but those are often in open areas and large rooms. Inside a car, there's lots of reflections going with the sound waves and generally mixing sizes even with crossovers causes some issues unless conditions are absolutely tuned right.

Ok, so I just put in an SA-SD2 in the back. Had to put it in a different box to fit in the compartment and I used a tuning program and tuned it to 30.4 hz. Also put in a Kicker 4 channel amp on the stock speakers. IMMEDIATE DIFFERENCE! Wow I am impressed the way that SD-2 hits and it has great sound quality! I put 2 layers of dynamite on the doors and completely dynamated the outside of the box and around the rear deck. Incredible. That post about how to get more mid bass really helps! I put a weather strip around the speakers after I had put a layer of dynamite around the speaker opening. Instant seal. Man I tell ya, I love this site! Thanks for all the posts. I am happy with my new setup!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RokintypeRs

10+ year member
RokintypeRs
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from