Alpine vs BRZ amp for 1000w sub?

theromanone
10+ year member

I'd like to stay as close to $100 as possible, need to buy new and with a warranty. Listen mainly to edm (deep house, house, trance), think of those two edm Sirius channels.

Sub is JL Audio sealed w3v3 (CS110RG-W3v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - PowerWedge)

Choices I'm willing to buy so far:

Hifonics Hfi1000d at $140

Hifonics BRZ1200.1D at $150 (can this be turned down if it's too much power?)

Hifonics BRX1100.1D at $150 (^^^)

Alpine MRV-M500 at $135

What's the best, regardless of price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly the alpine m500 would be the best option as far as clean 500w to the subs, however, you will have no room to upgrade in the future, and 99% of people will want too. The hifonix amps are alright just not as reliable, but most will put out rated power. But if you don't think you will ever want to upgrade bestbuy has the old style m500 amps for $119.99 till Sunday.

Also to answer the second part, yeah all of the amps can be tuned to only put out 500w, I believe there is a sticky on how to do it with a dmm.

Will do, thanks! been very helpful so far! By the way I called best buy locally and they didn't have it.. perhaps you mean a local BB by you. Oh well, it's a solid amp for the price either way.

You all have a bad misconception that hifonics does not last long... They might not be the most efficient amps and are heavy current hogs, but one thing they do right is their longevity. There's only problems when noobs buy these amps and run them on stock electricals and clip the hell out of the amp. My electricals are up to par and i've never had a problem with any hifonics i've owned over the past 5 years and most of them i bought used.

That being said, between the two, i would get the alpine if you never plan on adding anything else. However, if you plan on adding another of those subs in the future, get the brz 1200. Another choice is precision power 1300.1D which is a little bit more efficient then hifonics and cheaper. No such thing as having too much power, as long as you set your gains correctly, your not gonna blow anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.